Tel/Fax:（电话/传真）+86 (532) 8289 6260
Address:（通信地址）7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071
2019–present Professor, Institute of Oceanology of CAS
2016–2019 Associate Professor, Institute of Oceanology of CAS
2018 Visiting Scientist, CSIRO O&A, Crawley, Australia
2015–2016 Visiting Postdoctoral Scholar, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, USA
2015 Visiting Scientist, NOAA/PMEL, USA
2013-2015 Research Associate, Institute of Oceanology of CAS
Ph.D., 2008–2013, Physical Oceanography, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.Sc., 2004–2008, Physics, Northeast Normal University
Review Editor, Frontiers in Marine Science (2019-2021)
Reviewer of the IPCC AR6, NSFC and dozens of peer-reviewed journals
My research interests are mainly focused on large-scale ocean circulation and climate，particularly the Indo-Pacific boundary currents, oceanic salinity, and tropical climate dynamics. I deploy mooring arrays and conduct field experiments with my colleagues to observe the ocean, and use basic physical theories and numerical models to understand the dynamics of oceanic variabilities， e.g., multi-scale variability of regional to global ocean circulation under the background of global climate change.
Professor Shijian Hu is recognized as an active physical oceanographer for his achievements in improving the understanding of tropical Indo-Pacific Ocean circulation dynamics, discovering the Triple MOde of Salinity (TMOS) pattern, the western Pacific warm pool split phenomenon and long-term change of global mean ocean circulation under global warming. Professor Shijian Hu has published about 40 peer-reviewed papers in terms of multi-scale variability of ocean circulation and climate.
Honors and Awards:（获得荣誉、获奖情况）
Wiley Top Downloaded Paper 2018-2019, 2020
Xie Yibing Youth Meteorological Science and Technology Award, 2019
Huiquan Young Scholar, IOCAS, 2018
Member, Youth Innovation Promotion Association, CAS, 2018
The CAS Outstanding Achievement Prize in Science and Technology, 2017
CLIVAR Early Career Scientists Poster Award, CLIVAR/WCRP, 2016
Outstanding Young Talents of Sciences & Technology Award, Shenyang Branch of CAS, 2016
1. Hu, S.*, J. Sprintall, C. Guan, M. J. McPhaden, F. Wang*, D. Hu, and W. Cai (2020), Deep-reaching acceleration of global mean ocean circulation over the past two decades, Science Advances, 6(6), eaax7727, doi:10.1126/sciadv.aax7727.
2. Hu, S.*, and J. Sprintall (2016), Interannual Variability of the Indonesian Throughflow: the Salinity Effect, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 121, 2596-2615, doi: 10.1002/2015JC011495.
3. Hu, S.*, and J. Sprintall (2017), Observed Strengthening of Inter-basin Exchange via the Indonesian Seas Due to Rainfall Intensification, Geophysical Research Letters, 44(3), 1448-1456, doi:10.1002/2016GL072494.
4. Hu, S.*, D. Hu, C. Guan, F. Wang, L. Zhang, F. Wang, and Q. Wang (2016), Interannual variability of the Mindanao Current/Undercurrent in direct observations and numerical simulations, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 46(2), 483-499,doi:10.1175/JPO-D-15-0092.1.
5. Hu, S.*, D. Hu, C. Guan, N. Xing, J. Li, and J. Feng (2017), Variability of the western Pacific warm pool structure associated with El Nino, Climate Dynamics, 49(7-8),2431–2449, doi:10.1007/s00382-016-3459-y.
6. Hu, S.*, J. Sprintall, C. Guan, B. Sun, F. Wang, G. Yang, F. Jia, J. Wang, D. Hu, and F. Chai (2018), Spatiotemporal Features of Intra-seasonal Oceanic Variability in the Philippine Sea from Mooring Observations and Numerical Simulations, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, 4874-4887, doi:10.1029/2017JC013653.
7. Hu, S.*, J. Sprintall, C. Guan, D. Hu, F. Wang, X. Lu, and S. Li (2020), Observed triple mode of salinity variability in the thermocline of tropical Pacific Ocean, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 125, e2020JC016210, doi:10.1029/2020JC016210.
8. Hu, S.*, and D. Hu (2014), Variability of the Pacific North Equatorial Current from repeated shipboard acoustic Doppler current profiler measurements, Journal of Oceanography, 70(6),559-571, doi:10.1007/s10872-014-0253-5.
9. Hu, S., Y. Zhang, M. Feng*, Y. Du, J. Sprintall, F. Wang, D. Hu, Q. Xie, and F. Chai (2019), Interannual to decadal variability of upper ocean salinity in the southern Indian Ocean and the role of the Indonesian Throughflow, Journal of Climate, 32,6403–6421, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-19-0056.1.
10. Hu, S., et al. (2020), Dynamic features of near-inertial oscillations in the Northwest Pacific derived from mooring observations from 2015 to 2018, Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 38(4), 1092-1107, doi:10.1007/s00343-020-9332-1.2.
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: email@example.com