Address:（通信地址）7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
My recent research centers on ocean-atmosphere interactions (especially focus on Ventilation of the upper ocean and mode waters) and their role in climate formation, variability, and change. Ventilation of the upper ocean and mode waters play an important role in climate variability on interannual to decadal timescales by influencing the exchange of heat and carbon dioxide between the atmosphere and ocean. The turbulent nature of ocean circulation, manifest in a vigorous mesoscale eddy field, means that pathways of ventilation or the formation of mode water are in fact highly chaotic. I carry out both diagnostic and modeling studies, using observations and numerical models of the ocean and atmosphere to answer such fundamental questions as what determines the variability of ventilation and mode water, why it varies in time.
Sep. 2011- Jul. 2014 Ph.D of Physical Oceanography, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Sep. 2008- Jul. 2011 Master of Computational Mathematics, Ocean University of China Sept. 2004- July 2008 Bachelor of Computational Mathematics, Qingdao University of Science and Technology
Jun. 2018-Jun. 2019, University of California, Los Angeles, Senior visiting scholar
Jan. 2017-present, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, Associate Professor
Aug. 2014-Dec. 2016, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, Assistant Professor
Upper layer thermal structure
Ocean processes (including ventilation, the mixed layer, eddy dynamics) their impact on the ocean circulation and climate
Water mass distribution in the Pacific and Indian Oceans and their relationship to climate variability.
Honors and Awards:（获得荣誉、获奖情况）
1. Qi Jifeng, Qu Tandong, Yin Baoshu, Chi Jianwei, 2020, Variability of the South Pacific western Subtropical Mode Water and its relationship with ENSO during the Argo period. Journal of Geophysical Research？: Oceans. https://doi.org/10.1029/2020JC016134
2. Qi Jifeng, Zhang Linlin, Qu Tangdong, et al., 2019. Salinity variability in the tropical Pacific during the Central-Pacific and Eastern-Pacific El Ni？o events. Journal of Marine Systems, 2019, 199: 103225
3. Qi, Jifeng , Yin, Baoshu, Xu Zhenhua et al., 2018. Spatiotemporal variations of the surface Kuroshio east of Taiwan derived from satellite altimetry data. Journal of Oceanology and Limnology,36(1):77:91.
4. Qi, Jifeng, Yin, Baoshu, Zhang, Qilong, Yang, Dezhou et al., 2017. Seasonal variation of the Taiwan Warm Current Water and its underlying mechanism. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 35(5), 1045-1060.
5. Qi, Jifeng, Yin, Baoshu, Zhang, Qilong et al., 2014. Analysis of seasonal variation
of water masses in East China Sea. Chin.J.Oceanol.Limonol., 32(4): 958-971.
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: email@example.com