Name（姓名）: Xiuxian SONG
Subject（专业）: Marine Environmental Sciences
Address （通信地址）： 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong Province, P. R. China
2008 – Present, Professor, Key Laboratory of Marine Ecology & Environmental Sciences, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOCAS)
2000–2008, Associate Professor, Key Laboratory of Marine Ecology & Environmental Sciences, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1993–2000, Assistant Professor, Laboratory of Marine Environmental Sciences, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1988 –1990, Lecturer, Chemistry Department, Qingdao Medical College
1986 – 1988, Lecturer, Shandong Commercial School
2008.03-06, Senior visiting scholar in the City University of Hong Kong
2006.01-00.01, Visiting scholar in the University of Wollongong，Australia
2000.0601.06, Visiting scholar in the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Ph.D., 2003, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
M.S., 1993, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.S. , 1986, Shandong Normal University
1． The 8th editorial board of Marine Science (in Chinese)
2． Council Member, Water environment branch, Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology(CSOL), (2010 -)
3． Council Member, Ecological Society for Shandong Province, (2012 -)
4． Council Member, Ecological Society for Qingdao, (2010 -)
Harmful algal bloom (HAB) mitigation/control, Coastal water eutrophication, etc.
Honors and Awards（获得荣誉、获奖情况）
1. 2019, The Second Prize of National Technological Invention, offered by the national assembly of the PRC (Ranked third)
2. 2018, China Patent Excellence Award, offered by National Intellectual Property Administration, PRC (Ranked fifth )
3. 2017, The First Prize of Shandong Province Patent Award, offered by Shandong Provincial Government, China (Ranked fifth )
4. 2015, First Prize of Ocean Engineering Science and Technology Award, offered by China Ocean Engineering Consulting Association (Ranked third)
5. 2010, The Second Prize of Innovation in Marine Science & Technology, offered by the State Oceanic Administration of China (Ranked fifth)
6. 2007, The Second Prize of Technological Invention, offered by Shandong Provincial Government, China (Ranked second)
7. 2004, The Second Prize of Innovation in Marine Science & Technology, offered by the State Oceanic Administration of China (Ranked second)
8. 2003, The Second Prize of Natural Science, offered by Government of Qingdao, China (Ranked second)
1. Lianbao Chi, Xiuxian Song*, Yongquan Yuan，Wentao Wang，Xihua Cao，Zaixing Wu, Zhiming Yu*, Main factors dominating the development, formation and dissipation of hypoxia off the Changjiang Estuary (CE) and its adjacent waters, China. Environmental Pollution, 2020，265:115066.
2. LI Jing, SONG Xiuxian*, FAN Xin, YU Zhiming. Flocculation of Ulva microscopic propagules using modified clay: a mesocosm experiment，Journal of Oceanology and Liminology, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00343-020-9348-6
3. Jing Li, Xiuxian Song*, Yue Zhang, Xin Xu, Zhiming Yu. Effect of modified clay on the transition of paralytic shellfish toxins within the bay scallop Argopecten irradians and sediments in laboratory trials, Aquaculture, 2019, 505: 112-117.
4. ZHANG Yue, SONG Xiuxian*, YU Zhiming, ZHANG Peipei, CAO Xihua, YUAN Yongquan, 2019. Impact assessment of modified clay on embryo-larval stages of turbot Scophthalmus maximus L, Journal of Oceanology and Liminology, 2019, 37(3):1051-1061.
5. Peng Zhou, Xiuxian Song*, Yongquan Yuan, Wentao Wang, Lianbao Chi, Xihua Cao, Zhiming Yu*. Intrusion of the Kuroshio Subsurface Water in the southern East China Sea and its variation during different years traced by dissolved inorganic iodine species, Progress in Oceanography, 2018, 165: 287-298.
6. Peng Zhou, Xiuxian Song*, Yongquan Yuan, Xihua Cao, Wentao Wang, Lianbao Chi, Zhiming Yu*. Water mass analysis of the East China Sea and interannual variation of Kuroshio Subsurface Water intrusion through an Optimum Multiparameter method, J. Geophys. Res: Oceans , 2018, 123(5):3723-3738.
7. Yue Zhang, Zhiming Yu, Xiuxian Song*, Yongquan Yuan, Xihua Cao. Effects of modified clay used for the control of harmful algal blooms on Alexandrium pacificum cysts, Harmful Algae, 2018, 72:36-45.
8. Jianan Zhu, Zhiming Yu,* Liyan He, Xihua Cao, Shuya Liu, and Xiuxian Song*. Molecular Mechanism of Modified Clay Controlling the Brown Tide Organism Aureococcus anophagefferens Revealed by Transcriptome Analysis, Environmental Science & Technology，2018, 52: 7006-7014.
9. Lianbao Chi, Xiuxian Song*, Yongquan Yuan, Wentao Wang, Peng Zhou, Xin Fan, Xihua Cao, Zhiming Yu*. Distribution and key influential factors of dissolved oxygen off the Changjiang River Estuary (CRE) and its adjacent waters in China, Marine Pollution bulletin, 2017, 125：440-450.
10. Peng Zhou, Xiuxian Song*, Yongquan Yuan, Wentai Wang, Xihua Cao, Zhiming Yu*. Intrusion pattern of the Kuroshio Subsurface Water onto the East China Sea continental shelf traced by dissolved inorganic iodine species during the spring and autumn of 2014, Marine Chemistry，2017, 196: 24-34.
11. Guangyuan Lu, Xiuxian Song*, Zhiming Yu, Xihua Cao, Yongquan Yuan. Application of PAC-modified kaolin to mitigate Prorocentrum donghaiense: effects on cell removal and phosphorus cycling in a laboratory setting, Journal of Applied Phycology, 2017, 29:917–928.
12. Jing Li, Xiuxian Song*, Yue Zhang, Jun Pan, Zhiming Yu*. An Investigation of the Space Distribution of Ulva Microscopic Propagules and the Ship-based Experiment of Mitigation Using Modified Clay, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 2017, 117:247-254.
13. Jing Li, Lei Sun, Zhiming Yu, Xiuxian Song*. Investigation on the efficiency of a silicone antifouling coating in controlling the adhesion and germination of Ulva prolifera micro-propagules on rafts, SCIENCE CHINA: Earth Science, 2017, 60:391-396.
14. Zhiming Yu*, Xiuxian Song, Xihua Cao, Yang Liu. Mitigation of harmful algal blooms using modified clays: Theory, mechanisms, and applications, Harmful algae, 2017，69：48-64.
15. Guangyuan Lu, Xiuxian Song*, Zhiming Yu, Xihua Cao, Yongquan Yuan. Environmental effects of modified clay flocculation on Alexandrium tamarense and paralytic shellfish poisoning toxins (PSTs), Chemsophere, 2015, 127:188-194.
16. Zhifu Wang，Zhiming Yu*，Xiuxian Song，Xihua Cao，Yue Zhang. Effects of ammonium and nitrate on encystment and growth of Scrippsiella trochoidea，Chinese Science Bulletin，2014, 59（33）：4491-4497.
17. WANG Zhifu , YU Zhiming*, SONG Xiuxian*, CAO Xihua , HAN Xiaotian. Effects of modified clay on cysts of Scrippsiella trochoidea for harmful algal bloom control，Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 2014, 32（6）:1373-1382.
18. LU Guang-yuan, SONG Xiu-xian*, YU Zhi-ming, CAO Xi-hua, YUAN Yong-quan. Effects of flocculation of Prorocentrum micansby modified clay on nitrogen and phosphorus，China Environmental Science，2014, 34（2）：492-498. (in Chinese)
19. Mei Fu, Xiuxian Song*, Zhiming Yu, Yun Liu. Responses of phosphate transporter gene and alkaline phosphatase in Thalassiosira pseudonana to phosphine, PLOS ONE, 2013, 8（3）：e59770.
20. Yun Liu, Xiuxian Song*, Xihua Cao, Zhiming Yu*. Responses of photosynthetic characters of Skeletonema Costatum to different nutrient conditions, Journal of Plankton Research, 2013, 35(1):165-176.
21. Xiuxian Song, R.J. Morrison, Zhihua Feng, Dongyan Liu, J.J. Harrison, Zhiming Yu*. Matrix-bound phosphine in sediments from Lake Illawarra, New South Wales, Australia. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 2011, 62:1744-1750.
22. Zhihua Feng, Xiuxian Song*, Zhiming Yu. Distribution characteristics of matrix-bound phosphine along the coast of China and possible environmental controls，Chemosphere, 20008, 73(4): 519-525.
23. Zhihua Feng, Xiuxian Song*, Zhiming Yu. Seasonal and spatial distribution of matrix-bound phosphine and its relationship with the environment in the Changjiang River Estuary, China, Marine Pollution Bulletin，2008, 56: 1630-1636.
24. Kedong Yin*, Xiuxian Song，Jun Sun, Madeline C. S. Wu. Potential P limitation leads to excess N in the Pearl River estuarine coastal plume, Continental Shelf Research, 2004, 24:1895-1907.
25. YU Zhiming*, SONG Xiuxian. Matrix-bound Phosphine: A New Form of Phosphorus Found in Sediment of Jiaozhou Bay, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2003, 48(1): 31-35.
26. SONG Xiu-Xian，YU Zhi-Ming，YIN Ke-Dong，QIAN Pei-Yuan. Temporal and Spatial Distribution of Nutrients and Chl.a in the Coastal Area of Hong Kong, OCEANOLOGIA ET LIMNOLOGIA SINICA, 2013, 44（4）：846-852. (in Chinese)
27. SONG Xiu-Xian，YU Zhi-Ming，YIN Ke-Dong，QIAN Pei-Yuan. Nutrient Effect on Phytoplankton in Typical Mariculture Waters in Summer in the Northeast of the Jiaozhou Bay, OCEANOLOGIA ET LIMNOLOGIA SINICA, 2007, 38（5）：446-452. (in Chinese)
28. SONG Xiuxian, YU Zhiming, GAO Yonghui. Removal of different species of red tide organisms with an effective clay-complex system, Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 2003, 14(7):1165-1168. (in Chinese)
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org