Subject:（专业）Marine Taxonomy and Biodiversity
Tel/Fax:（电话/传真）+86 532 8289 8776
Address:（通信地址）Nanhai Road 7, Qingdao 266071, P R China
Director, Laboratory of Marine Organism Taxonomy and Phylogeny, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Prof. Dr. Kuidong XU, male, born in December 1969. He is a Principle Investigator in the Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOCAS) and director of Laboratory of Marine Organism Taxonomy and Phylogeny, IOCAS. He is also a professor of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. He received his Ph.D. Degree from the Ocean University of China in 1999. Then he worked as a postdoctor in Inha University, Korea during 1999-2002 and in Salzburg University, Austria during 2002-2005. Since April 2005, he has been working in the IOCAS to date. His main research interests include the taxonomy, biodiversity and phylogeny of marine animals. Recently, he focuses mainly on the biodiversity and distribution of megabenthos as well as microbial eukaryotes from seamounts in the Western Pacific Ocean, a key program supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China. He has published about 200 peer-reviewed papers including 101 articles in SCI-indexed journals, and four monographs.
Ph.D. 1999. Ocean University of China
M.Sc. 1996. Ocean University of China
B.Sc. 1993. Ocean University of China
---Steering member, Ocean Biodiversity Information System (OBIS, UNESCO-IOC)
---Member, ISO/TC 008/SC 13/WG 04
---President, Chinese Society of Marine Benthology, Chinese Society of Oceanology and Limnology
---Committee member,Chinese Society of Oceanology and Limnology
---Committee member, Chinese Society of Protozoology
---Associate Editor, Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica
---Associate Editor: Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology
---Editor, European Journal of Protistology
---Editor, World Register of Marine Species (WoRMS)
---Coordinator, China Register of Marine Species (ChaRMS)
---Editor, Biodiversity Science
---Taxonomy and phylogeny of marine ciliates, nematodes, cnidarians and polychaetes
---Biodiversity and faunal patterns of benthos from seamounts and deep-sea areas
---Diversity and biogeography of microbial eukaryotes in shallow and deep seas
Honors and Awards:（获得荣誉、获奖情况）
---The Second-Class Award of National Natural Science Award in 2004 (4th participant)
---The Second-Class Award of National Marine Science & Technology Award in 2012 (1st participant)
1. Xu Kuidong, et al., 2020. Photographic Atlas of Megafauna on Yap-Mariana Caroline Seamounts in the Western Pacific Ocean. Science Press, 239 pp.
2. Zhao, F., Filker, S., Xu, K.*, Huang, P. & Zheng, S. 2020. Microeukaryote communities exhibit phyla-specific distance-decay patterns and an intimate link between sea water and sediment habitats in the Western Pacific Ocean. Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 160, 103279.
3. Chen, X., Li, J. & Xu K.* 2020. Multigene-based phylogeny analyses of the controversial family Condylostomatidae (Ciliophora, Heterotrichea). Zoologica Scripta, 49: 250–264.
4. Li, Y., Zhan, Z. & Xu, K.* 2020. Morphology and molecular phylogenetic analysis of deep-sea purple gorgonians (Octocorallia: Victorgorgiidae) from seamounts in the tropical Western Pacific, with description of three new species. Frontiers in Marine Science, in press.
5. Xu, Y., Zhan, Z. & Xu, K.* 2020. Morphology and molecular phylogeny of three new deep-sea species of Chrysogorgia (Cnidaria, Octocorallia) from seamounts in the tropical Western Pacific Ocean. PeeJ, 8, e8832.
6. Wu X., Zhan, Z., & Xu, K.* 2019. Two new and two rarely known species of Branchinotogluma (Annelida: Polynoidae) from deep-sea hydrothermal vents of the Manus Back-Arc basin, with remarks on the diversity and biogeography of vent polynoids. Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 149, 103051.
7. Zhao, F., Filker, S., Xu, K.*, Li, J., Zhou, T. & Huang, P. 2019. Effects of intragenomic polymorphism in the SSU rRNA gene on estimating marine microeukaryotic diversity: A test for ciliates using single-cell high-throughput DNA sequencing. Limnology and Oceanography-Methods. 17, 533–543
8. Zhan, Z., Li, J., & Xu, K.* 2019. Ciliate environmental diversity can be underestimated by the V4 region of SSU rDNA: insights from species delimitation and multilocus phylogeny of Pseudokeronopsis (Ciliophora, Spirotrichea). Microorganisms, 7, 493.
10. Shi, B. & Xu, K.* 2018.Morphological and molecular characterizations of Africanema multipapillatum sp. nov. (Nematoda, Enoplida) in intertidal sediment from the East China Sea. Marine Biodiversity, 48: 281–288.
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: email@example.com