Name: Zifeng Zhan
Subject: Marine biology
Tel/Fax: +86 532 82896551/+86 532 82898776
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Address: 7# Nanhai Road, Qingdao 266071, China
More: A member of Laboratory of Marine Organism Taxonomy and Phylogeny
I am male and born in October in 1983. My main research interests include the taxonomy, biodiversity and phylogeny of marine animals. Recently, I focuses on the biodiversity, distribution and evolutional relationship of deep-sea corals. I have published over 30 peer-reviewed papers including 30 articles in SCI-indexed journals.
Ph.D., 2009–2012, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China.
Exchange student, 2010.12–2011.11, Department of Ecology, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
M.S., 2006–2009, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
B.S., 2002–2006, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
Marine organism taxonomy, phylogeny and evolution
(1) Zifeng Zhan, Ju Li, Kuidong Xu, Ciliate environmental diversity can be underestimated by the V4 region of SSU rDNA: Insights from species delimitation and multilocus phylogeny of Pseudokeronopsis (Ciliophora, Spirotrichea), Microorganisms, 2019, 7: 493
(2) Zifeng Zhan*, Kuidong Xu*, Micah Dunthorn, Evaluating molecular support for and against the monophyly of the Peritrichia and phylogenetic relationships within the Mobilida (Ciliophora, Oligohymenophorea), Zoologica Scripta, 2013, 42(2): 213-226.
(3) Zifeng Zhan, Kuidong Xu, Alan Warren, Yingchun Gong, Reconsideration of phylogenetic relationships of the subclass Peritrichia (Ciliophora, Oligohymenophorea) based on small subunit ribosomal RNA gene sequences, with the establishment of a new subclass Mobilia Kahl, 1933, Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology, 2009, 56(6): 552-558
(4) Zifeng Zhan, Thorsten Stoeck, Micah Dunthorn, Kuidong Xu, Identification of the pathogenic ciliate Pseudocohnilembus persalinus (Oligohymenophorea: Scuticociliatia) by fluorescence in situ hybridization, European Journal of Protistology, 2014, 50(1): 16-24
(5) Zifeng Zhan, Ju Li, Kuidong Xu, Detection and quantification of two parasitic ciliates Boveria labialis and Boveria subcylindrica (Ciliophora: Scuticociliatia) by Fluorescence in situ Hybridization, Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology, 2018, 65(4): 440-447
(6) Zifeng Zhan, Hong Zeng, Nengfeng Lin, Kuidong Xu, Four first records of trichodinid (Ciliophora, Peritrichia) ectoparasites from cultured molluscs and fishes in China, Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 2018, 37(10): 91-98
(7) Ju Li#, Zifeng Zhan #, Kuidong Xu, Systematics and molecular phylogeny of the ciliate genus Pseudokeronopsis (Ciliophora, Hypotrichia), Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology, 2017, 64(6): 850-872
(8) Julong Zhang*, Olga V Yurchenko, Konstantin A Lutaenko, Alexander V Kalachev, Ivan O Nekhaev, Robert Aguilar, Zifeng Zhan*, Matthew B Ogburn, A tale of two soft-shell clams: an integrative taxonomic analysis confirms Mya japonica as a valid species distinct from Mya arenaria (Bivalvia: Myidae), Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, 2018, 184(3): 605-622
(9) Zifeng Zhan, Kuidong Xu, Detection of two pathogenic marine ciliates Ancistrum haliotis and A. crassum (Ciliophora: Scuticociliatia) by fluorescence in situ hybridization, Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 2020, 39(12): 1-5
(10) Yu Xu#, Zifeng Zhan#, Kuidong Xu, Morphology and phylogenetic analysis of five deep-sea golden gorgonians (Cnidaria, Octocorallia, Chrysogorgiidae) in the Western Pacific Ocean, with the description of a new species, ZooKeys, 2020, 989:1-37
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org