2016 –, Assistant Researcher, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2013-2016, Assistant Researcher, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph.D., 2013, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.S., 2008, Xi’an Jiaotong University
Member, China Crustacean Society
Member, China Marine Benthos Society
Marine invertebrate phylogenetics and evolution
Marine molecular ecology
1. Kou Qi, Xu Peng, Poore C. B. Gary, Li Xinzheng, Wang Chunsheng. 2020. A New Species of the Deep-sea Sponge-associated Genus Eiconaxius (Crustacea: Decapoda: Axiidae), with New Insights into the Distribution, Speciation and Mitogenomic Phylogeny of Axiidean Shrimps. Frontiers in Marine Science, 7: 469.
2. Kou Qi, Meland Kenneth, Li Xinzheng, He Lisheng, Wang Yong. 2020. “Unicorn from Hades”, a new genus of Mysidae (Malacostraca: Mysida) from the Mariana Trench, with a systematic analysis of the deep-sea mysids. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 143: 106666.
3. Kou Qi, Meland Kenneth, Li Xinzheng, He Lisheng, Wang Yong. 2019. Deepest record of Eucopia sculpticauda (Crustacea: Lophogastrida: Eucopiidae) and the order, with new insights into the distribution and genetic diversity of the species. Bulletin of Marine Science, 95: 327–335.
4. Kou Qi, Gong Lin, Li Xinzheng. 2018. A new species of the deep-sea spongicolid genus Spongicoloides (Crustacea, Decapoda, Stenopodidea) and a new species of the glass sponge genus Corbitella (Hexactinellida, Lyssacinosida, Euplectellidae) from a seamount near the Mariana Trench, with a novel commensal relationship between the two genera. Deep-sea Research Part I, 135: 88–107.
5. Kou Qi, Chen Jun, Li Xinzheng, He Lisheng, Wang Yong. 2017. A new species of the giant deep-sea isopod genus Bathynomus A. Milne Edwards, 1879 (Crustacea, Isopoda, Cirolanidae) from Hainan Island, South China Sea. Integrative Zoology, 12: 283–291.
6. Kou Qi, Li Xinzheng, Gan Zhibin. 2016. Re-evaluation of the systematic status of two deep-water recorded Periclimenes species (Decapoda: Palaemonidae), with a preliminary analysis on the evolution of certain echinoid-associated palaemonid shrimps and related taxa. Invertebrate Systematics, 30: 421–430.
7. Shen Yanjun, Kou Qi, Chen Weitao, He Shunping, Yang Mei, Li Xinzheng, Gan Xiaoni. 2016. Comparative population structures of two dominant species, Shinkaia crosnieri (Munidopsidae: Shinkaia) and Bathymodiolus platifrons (Mytilidae: Bathymodiolus), inhabiting both deep-sea vents and cold seep inferred from mitochondrial multi-genes. Ecology and Evolution, 6: 3571–3582.
8. Kou Qi, Li Xinzheng, Chan Tin-Yam, Chu Ka Hou. 2015. Divergent evolutionary pathways and host shifts among the commensal pontoniine shrimps: a preliminary analysis based on selected Indo-Pacific species. Organism diversity and evolution, 15: 369–377.
9. Kou Qi, Li Xinzheng, Chan Tin-Yam, Chu Ka Hou, Gan Zhibin. 2013. Molecular phylogeny of the superfamily Palaemonoidea (Crustacea: Decapoda: Caridea) based on mitochondrial and nuclear DNA reveals discrepancies with the current classification. Invertebrate Systematics, 27: 502–514.
10. Kou Qi, Li Xinzheng, Chan Tin-Yam, Chu Ka Hou, Huang Hui, Gan Zhibin. 2013. Phylogenetic relationships among genera of the Periclimenes complex (Crustacea: Decapoda: Pontoniinae) based on mitochondrial and nuclear DNA. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 68: 14–22.