2019 till now, Associate Professor, Institute of Oceanology, CAS;
2017-2019, Assistant Professor, Institute of Oceanology, CAS;
2015-2017, Postdoctor, Institute of Oceanology, CAS.
2015, Ph.D. Institute of Oceanology, CAS
2010, Bachelor, Qingdao University of Science & Technology
Marine corrosion, microbiological influenced corrosion, marine antifouling coating, composite metal coating, antifouling photocatalysts.
Multiple antifouling coatings with high microbiological corrosion resistance were developed by composite green biocides with metal coatings. Based on these results, more than 30 research papers, including 19 SCI papers were published, and 5 national invention patents were authorized.
Honors and Awards
Marine Science and Technology Award, Second prize, 2019, ‘Microbial community composition, corrosion mechanisms and control technologies of corrosive biofilms on steel structures in marine environment’, Order of completion (2/10).
Nature and Science Award of Shandong Province, Second prize, 2019, ‘Electroactive corrosion mechanism of corrosive microorganism and their new antibacterial and antifouling technologies on materials in marine environment’, Order of completion (3/5).
1. X. Zhai, M. Myamina, J. Duan*, et al, Microbial corrosion resistance of galvanized coatings with 4,5-dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one as a biocidal ingredient in electrolytes, Corrosion Science, 2013, 72: 99~107.
2. X. Zhai, P. Ju*, F. Guan, et al, Biofilm inhibition mechanism of BiVO4 inserted zinc matrix in marine isolated bacteria, Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 2020, Accept.
3. F. Guan, J. Duan*, X. Zhai*, et al, Interaction between sulfate-reducing bacteria and aluminum alloys—Corrosion mechanisms of 5052 and Al-Zn-In-Cd aluminum alloys. Journal of Materials Science & Technology, 36: 55-64.
4. X. Zhai, C. Sun, K. Li, et al, Composite of 4,5-dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin -3-one in zinc films for enhanced corrosion resistant properties. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 2016, 36: 147-153.
5. X. Zhai, K. Li, F. Guan, et al, Corrosion behavior of the chitosan-zinc composite films in sulfate-reducing bacteria. Surface & Coatings Technology, 2018, 344: 259-268.
6. X. Zhai, K. Li, F. Guan, et al, Ultrasound-assisted synthesis of Zn-Ferrocene coatings with high anticorrosive properties in alkaline environments. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2018, 356: 19-28.
7. X. Zhai, P. Ju, F. Guan, et al, Electrodeposition of capsaicin-induced ZnO/Zn nanopillar films for marine antifouling and antimicrobial corrosion, Surface & Coaings Technology, 397 (2020) 125959.
8. X. Zhai, C. Sun, K. Li, et al, Synthesis and characterization of chitosan-zinc composite electrodeposits with enhanced antibacterial properties, RSC Advances, 2016, 6(52): 46081-46088.
9. X. Zhai, Yadong Ren, Nan Wang, et al, Microbial corrosion resistance and antibacterial property of electrodeposited Zn-Ni-chitosan coatings. Molecules, 2019, 24, 1974.
10. X. Zhai, X. Ma, M. Myamina, et al, Electrochemical study on 4,5-dichloro-2 -n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one-added zinc coating in phosphate buffer saline medium with Escherichia coli，Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2015, 19(8): 2213-2222.