2012/12-Now,Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Researcher
2010/04-2012.12,Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Assiociate Researcher, Ph.D. Assistant Supervisor
2009/09-2010.03, University of Hong Kong, Visiting Scholar
2008/04-Now,Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Associate Director
2007/07-Now,Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Assiociate Researcher, Ph.D. Assistant Supervisor
2006.03-2007/06, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Research Assistant, Supervisor of Postgraduate
2003/11-2004/05,Tokyo Insitute of Technology, Japan, Visiting Scholar
1995/09-1997/07,Shandong Linqing City Occuption Technical Secondary School, Teacher
2000/09-2003/07, Doctor. Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
1997/09-2000/07, Master, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
1991/09-1995/07, Bachelor, Shandong Normal University, China.
2011/01.01-Now, Marine Corrosion and Fouling Professional Committee of China Marine Lacustrine Bog Institute, Secretary-general
2009/01.01-Now, American Association of Corrosion Engineers, Members
2009/01.01-Now, International Standards Committee and Electrochemical Measurement Techniques on Coating Protection Committee, China Expert Committee
2008/01.01-Now, International Commission on Electrochemical, Committee Member
2006/01.01-2014/12.31, Institute of Corrosion and Protection Council, Director in Qingdao City of Shandong Province
It is mainly to carry out research work on the application basis and protection technology of marine corrosion and biofouling.The sulfate-reducing bacteria were found and screened from the marine steel rust layer, and the electro-active corrosion mechanism of the microorganism was proposed. The electron transfer measurement technology of the microbial-conductor material was established, and direct evidence was proved that the sulfate-reducing bacteria can be polarized. The graphite electrode acquires electrons and produces an electric current.Furthermore, the electron transfer process between the natural seawater biofilm and the conductor material was found. Through the above research, a new microbial corrosion mechanism was proposed.Conducted research on biofouling of a large number of natural and man-made facilities in coastal power plants, coastal facilities, etc., and carried out research on antifouling antifouling technology and advanced antifouling materials technology. Antifouling coating technology was demonstrated in the relevant power plants of CGNPC.
Honors and Awards
1. Chinese academy of sciences wang kuancheng education foundation scholarship project of an international conference, hospital level, 2011
2. Regular of the corrosion rate of sulfate reducing bacteria in the Marine environment research, second prize, national level, 2011
3. Mechanism of the anaerobic sulfate-reducing bacteria corrosion in marine environment, the second prize, city level, 2011
4. Ocean innovation prize, second prize, the national level, 2008
5. Qingdao science papers won third prize, third prize of the provincial level, 2006
6. The eighth Qingdao natural science prize of excellent academic papers won third prize, third prize, the provincial level, 2005
7. The 34 Chinese postdoctoral grants third prize, third prize, institute (school), 2003
8. National scientific and technological progress second prize, second prize, the national level, 2002
1. S. K. Karn, J. Duan*, Perspective on microbial influenced corrosion. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2017, 141(2):180-181. (JCR一区, IF= 6.395)
2. S. K. Karn, J. Duan*, Biofilm towards clean-up of water environments, Journal of Cleaner Production, 2017, 148: 854-856. (JCR一区, IF= 6.395)
3. M. Moradi, J. Duan*, X. Du, Investigation of the effect of of 4, 5-dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one inhibition on the corrosion of carbon steel in Bacillus sp. inoculated artificial seawater, Corrosion Science，2013, 69: 338-345. (Top期刊JCR一区, IF=6.355)
4. M. Moradi, J. Duan*, H. Ashassi-Sorkhabi, X. Luan, De-alloying of 316 stainless steel in the presence of a mixture of metal-oxidizing bacteria, Corrosion Science，2011，53 (12) :4282-4290. (Top期刊, JCR一区, IF=6.355)
5. X. Zhai, M. Myamina, J. Duan*, B. Hou. Microbial corrosion resistance of galvanized coatings with 4,5-dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one as a biocidal ingredient in electrolytes[J]. Corrosion Science, 2013, 72(4):99-107. (Top期刊, JCR一区, IF=6.355)
6. N. Wang, J. Duan*, W. Shi, X. Zhai, F. Guan, L. Yang, B. Hou, A 3-dimensional C/CeO2 hollow nanostructure framework as a peroxidase mimetic, and its application to the colorimetric determination of hydrogen peroxide, Microchimica Acta, 2018,185: 417. (JCR一区,IF=5.479)
7. L. Yu, J. Duan*, W. Zhao, Y. Huang, B. Hou, Characteristics of hydrogen evolution and oxidation catalyzed by Desulfovibrio caledoniensis biofilm on pyrolytic graphite electrode. Electrochimica Acta, 2011, 56(25): 9041-9047. (Top期刊, JCR一区,IF=5.116)
8. J. Duan*, S. Wu, X. Zhang, G. Huang, M. Du, B. Hou，Corrosion of carbon steel influenced by anaerobic biofilm in natural seawater. Electrochimica Acta, 2008, 54 (1) 22–28. (Top期刊, JCR一区, IF=5.116)
9. X. Zhao, J. Duan*, B. Hou, S. Wu, Effect of sulfate-reducing bacteria on corrosion behavior of mild steel in sea mud. J.Mater. Sci. Technol., 2007, 23, 323-328. (JCR一区, IF=5.04)
10. X. Zhai, C. Sun, K. Li, M. Agievich, J. Duan*, B. Hou, Composite deposition mechanism of 4,5-dichloro-2-n-octyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one in zinc films for enhanced corrosion resistant properties. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 2016, 36: 147-153. (JCR一区,IF=4.973)
11. J. Duan*, B. Hou, Z. Yu, Characteristics of sulfide corrosion products on 316L stainless steel surfaces in the presence of sulfate-reducing bacteria. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2006, 26(4): 624-629. (JCR一区, IF=4.959)
12. F. Xu, J. Duan*, B. Hou, 2008 Electron transfer process from marine biofilms to graphite electrodes in seawater，Bioelectrochemistry , 2010,78: 92-95. (JCR一区, IF=4.474)
13. X. Li, J. Duan*, H. Xiao, Y. Li, H. Liu, F. Guan, X. Zhai, Analysis of Bacterial Community Composition of Corroded Steel Immersed in Sanya and Xiamen Seawaters in China via Method of Illumina MiSeq Sequencing. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2017, 8:1737. (JCR一区, IF=4.259)
14. S. K. Karn, F. Guan, J. Duan*, Bacillus sp. Acting as Dual Role for Corrosion Induction and Corrosion Inhibition with Carbon Steel (CS). Frontiers in Microbiology, 2017, 8: 2038. (JCR一区, IF=4.259)
15. L. Yu, J. Duan*, X. Du, Y. Huang, B. Hou, Accelerated anaerobic corrosion of electroactive sulfate-reducing bacteria by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and chronoamperometry. Electrochemistry Communications. 2013,26: 101-104. (Top期刊, JCR一区, IF=4.197)
16. F. Guan, X. Yuan, J. Duan*, X. Zhai, B. Hou, Phenazine enables the anaerobic respiration of Pseudomonas aeruginosa via electron transfer with a polarised graphite electrode, International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 2019,137: 8-13. (JCR一区,IF=3.824)
1. A zinc coating of chitosan composite and its preparation method, invention, 2015, patent number: 201510962421.7
2. Application of an efficient corrosion inhibitor, invention, 2015, patent number: 201510578279.6
3. A silver/silver chloride electrode for deep sea and its preparation method, invention, 2014, patent number: 201410158634.X
4. A sensor for monitoring the cathodic protection current of a sacrificial anode, invention, 2014, patent number: 201410514174.X
5. A potential sensor containing high purity zinc and silver/ chlorinated silver double reference electrode, invention, 2014, patent number: 201410459226.8
6. A kind of steel used in ocean environment engineering material sterilization antiseptic zinc plating, invention, 2012, patent number: 201210189394.0
7. A combination of electrolytic cell, invention, 2012, patent number: 201210005964.6
8. A device that makes the static water cycle flow, invention, 2014, patent number: 201210335314.8
9. A porous corrosion - resistant electrodeposited layer of nickel-phase zinc-nickel alloy and its preparation method, invention, patent number: 201510962371.2
10. A removable electrode, invention,2011, patent number: 201110290532.X
11. An atmospheric galvanic corrosion test stand for magnesium alloys, invention, 2017, patent number: 201721383926.9
12. Electrolytic cell structure for electrochemical testing, invention, 2013, patent number: 201320717556.3
1. 2016/05/01,Corrosion control technology for spray splash zone of marine steel structure.Science Press.Second ranking.
2. 2017/01/01, Corrosion behavior and mechanism of marine engineering materials.Chemical Industry Press.
3. 2017/01/15,Corrosion and protection of marine engineering materials and structures.Chemical Industry Press.Ninth ranking.