2008-Present, Associate Professor, the Institute of Oceanology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences
2013.6-2013.12 Visiting Scientist, Denver federal center, US Geological Survey
2009.12-2010.2 Visiting Scientist, Woods Hole Marine Central, U.S. Geological Survey
2006-2008 Assistant Professor, the Institute of Oceanology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph.D. 2006, Marine Geology. The Institute of Oceanology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences
M.S. 2003, Geophysics. China University of Geosciences (Beijing), 7/2003.
B.S. 2000, Geophysics. Jilin University, 6/2000.
Member of Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
Member of American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Geophysical and well log analysis and geological controls on gas hydrate occurrence
1. Wang, XJ, T Collett, M Lee, SX Yang, YQ Guo, and SG Wu, 2014. Geological controls on the occurrence of gas hydrate from logging and seismic data in the Shenhua area, South China Sea. Marine Geology, 357, 272-292.
2. Wang, JL, K Sain, XJ Wang, N Satyavani, SG Wu, 2014．Characteristics of bottom-simulating reflectors for hydrate-filled fractured sediments in Krishna-Godavari basin，eastern Indian margin．Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering，122:515-523.
3. Wang, XJ, GX Zhang, T Collett, JQ Liang, YQ Guo, J Qian, Yi Luan, 2014. Gas hydrate distribution identified from downhole wireline log data and seismic data in the Pearl River Mouth Basin, South China Sea. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Gas Hydrates (ICGH8-2014), Beijing, China, 28 July - 1 August, 1-7
4. Wang, XJ, M Lee, T Collett, SX Yang, YQ Guo, SG Wu, 2014. Gas hydrate identified in sand-rich inferred sedimentary section using downhole logging and seismic data in Shenhu area, South China Sea. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 51,298-306
5. Qian J, XJ Wang, SG Wu, SX Yang, 2014. AVO analysis of BSR to assess free gas within fined-grained sediments in the Shenhu area, South China Sea. Mar Geophys Res, 35(2): 210-225
6. Wang, ZZ, XJ Wang, YQ Guo, DX Chen, SG Wu, 2014. The depositional and migrational characteristics of submarine canyons and their effects on gas hydrate accumulation in Baiyun Sag. Marine Geology& Quaternary Geology, 34(3): 105-113.
7. Wang, XJ ，K Sain, N Satyavani, JL Wang, M Ojha, 2013. Gas hydrates saturation using the geostatistical inversion in fractured reservoir in the Krishna-Godavari basin, offshore eastern India. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 45:224-235.
8. Wang, XJ, SG Wu, JL Wang, SX Yang, 2013. Analysis of anomalous wireline logging data caused by gas hydrate dissociation in the Shenhua area，northern slope of South China Sea. Chinese Journal of Geophysics，56(8):2799-2807
9. Wang, JL, XJ Wang, J Qian, SG Wu, 2013. Study on anisotropic analysis and saturation estimation of gas hydrate filled in fractures: a case of site NGHP01-10D, offshore eastern India. Chinese Journal of Geophysics,56(4): 1312-1320
10. Wang, XJ，JL Wang， W Li, N Satyavani, K Sain, 2013. Gas hydrate saturation estimated from acoustic impedance in the Andaman Sea, India (in Chinese with English abstract). Marine Geology& Quaternary Geology，33(2):163-168
11. Wang, XJ M Lee, SG Wu, SX Yang，2012. Identification of gas hydrate dissociation from wireline-log data in the Shenhu area, South China Sea. Geophysics， 77（3）：125-134.
12. Wang, X.J, D. R. Hutchinson, S. Wu, S. Yang, and Y. Guo, 2011. Elevated gas hydrate saturation within silt and silty clay sediments in the Shenhu area, South China Sea, J. Geophys. Res., 116, B05102, 1-18.
13. Wang, X.J., Wu SG, Lee M, Guo YQ, Yang SX, Liang JQ，2011. Gas hydrate saturation from acoustic impedance and resistivity logs in the Shenhu area, South China Sea. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 28（2011）：1625-1633
14. Wang, X.J., Wu SG，. 2011. Gas hydrate occurrence, saturation and geophysical signatures associated with fluid flow in silt dominated reservoirs, in the northern of South China Sea. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Gas Hydrates (ICGH 2011), Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, July 17-21, 2011.7p
15. Wang, X.J, Wu SG, Guo YQ, Yang SX, Gong YH，2011. Geophysical indicators of gas hydrate in the northern continental margin, South China Sea. Journal of Geological Research，2011，1-8，doi:10.1155/2011/359597
16. Wang, XJ, SG Wu, SQ Yuan, YB Ma, DW Wang, GS Yao and YH Gong, 2010. Geophysical signatures associated with fluid flow and gas hydrate occurrence in a tectonically quiescent sequence, Qiongdongnan Basin, South China Sea. Geofluids, 10（3）：351-368
17. Wang, XJ，SG Wu，DW Wang，YB Ma，GS Yao， YH Gong，2010. The role of polygonal faults in the migration of fluid flow and the formation of gas hydrate in Qiongdongnan Basin. Oil Geophysical Prospecting, 45（1）：122-127
18. Wang, XJ，SG Wu，XW Liu, SX Yang, et al., 2010. Estimation of gas hydrates resources based on well log data and seismic data in Shenhua area (in Chinese with English abstract). Progress in Geophysics, 25（4）:1288-1297
19. Wang, XJ, SG wu et al.,2009. Characteristic analysis and saturation estimation of gas hydrate in Dongsha sea area. Geophysical Prospecting Petroleum, 48(5):445-452
20. Xu, N, SG Wu, BQ Shi, B Lu, Xue LQ, Wang XJ, Y Jia,2009. Gas hydrate associated with mud diapirs in southern Okinawa Trough. Mar Petrol Geol，1413–1418
21. Wang, XJ, SG wu, XW Liu, YB Sun, SX Yang, 2009. Gas hydrate characteristic analysis and Gas Hydrate Saturation: A case from the Dongsha area, northern South China Sea (in Chinese with English abstract). Geophysical Properting for Petroleum, 48（5）：445-452
22. Wu, SG，XJ Wang，GX Zhang, 2008. The geological structures of gas hydrate occurrence in big gas field of the northern Slope of South China Sea. The 6th International Conference on gas hydrates (ICGH6), 201-205
23. Wang, XJ, SG Wu et al., 2008. The Characteristic of Gas Chimney and its relationship to gas hydrate in Qiongdongnan Basin (in Chinese with English abstract). Marine Geology& Quaternary Geology ,28（3）:103-108
24. Wang, XJ, G Wu, P Yu, N Xu, DD Dong, 2007. Hybrid seismic inversion and its application in hydrate exploration. Geophysical Prospecting Petroleum, 46（3）278-282.
25. Wu, SG XJ Wang, HK Wong, GX Zhang, 2007. Low-amplitude BSRs and gas hydrate concentration on the northern margin of the South China Sea, Mar Geophys Res, 28(2): 127-138
26. Wang, XJ, SG Wu，XW Liu, 2006. Estimation of gas hydrate saturation using Constrained Sparse Spike Inversion: Case study from The northern South China Sea. Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences,17(4)：799-813
27. Wang, XJ, SG Wu, XW Liu, 2006. Factors Affecting the Estimation of Gas Hydrate and Free Gas Saturation. Chinese Journal of Geophysics. 49(2):441-449.
28. Xu N, SG Wu, XJ Wang, DD Dong. The characteristics of fluid potential in mud diapers associated with gas hydrates. Terr. Atmos. Oceanic Sci. 2006, 17(4) :871-881
29. Wang, XJ, SG Wu. 2006. Determing the distribution on model of hydrate and free gas occurrence in sediment with seismic attribute parameters (in Chinese with English abstract). Oceanologia Et Limnologia Sinica, 37(3):271-279
30. Wang, XJ, SG Wu et al., 2005. Estimation of gas hydrate saturation in the continental slope, the South China Sea. Marine Geology& Quaternary Geology, 25(3); 89-95.
31. Wang, XJ, XW Liu, SG Wu, 2005. Estimating Gas Hydrate Concentration and Free Gas Saturation Based on Thermoelasticity. Geophysical Prospecting for Petroleum, 44(6), 545~550.
32. Wang, XJ, SG Wu et al., 2005. Estimation of gas hydrate saturation in the northern continental slope, the South China Sea. The 5th International Conference on gas hydrates (ICGH5), 852-859.
33. Wang, XJ，XW Liu，2004. A method for estimating gas hydrate and free gas saturations in marine sediments，SPG/SEG，852~855.