Zhendong Luan, born in 09/1976, is currently a Professorate Senior Engineer and a Master supervisor at IOCAS. He is mainly engaged in the deep sea exploration technology and marine geology. He has presided over and participated the sub projects of 973 Program and the Strategic Priority Research Program (A), and the Jiangsu Provincial key research and development program, et al. As Expert Consultant, worked with his colleagues, he completed the testing and acceptance of the related systems configured on the R/V “Kexue”. As the first inventor, he developed the a new generation of the long coring system. He also realized the integration of the underwater detection system and the ROV “Faxian”, which was crucial to collect acoustic data and seabed images with high precision and resolution. So far, he has published more than 50 papers, applied for more than 40 patents, and owed 4 software works.
Professorate Senior Engineer IOCAS 01/2018-present
Senior engineer IOCAS 07/2011-12/2017
Engineer IOCAS 01/2001-12-2010
Assistant Engineer IOCAS 08/1997-12-2000
Bachelor Degree Qingdao University of Technology 09/1998-08/2009
Hefei University of Technology 09/1996-08/1999
Member of Editorial Committee of Journal of Guangxi Academy of Sciences
Deep-sea exploration technology
Marine engineering geology
Honors and Awards
CAS Key Technology Talent Program
Grand prize of Oceanic engineering science and technology (2016)
1. Zengfeng Du, Xin Zhang*, Zhendong Luan, Shichuan Xi, Lianfu Li, Bing Wang, Lei Cao, Chao Lian, Jun Yan. In situ Raman quantitative detection of the cold seep vents and fluids in the chemosynthetic communities in the South China Sea. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 2018, 19(7): 2049-2061 (SCI)
2. Lianfu Li, Xin Zhang*, Zhendong Luan, Zengfeng Du, Shichuan Xi, Bing Wang, Lei Cao, Chao Lian, Jun Yan. Raman vibrational spectral characteristics and quantitative analysis of H2 reaching 400°C and 40MPa. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy. 2018, 49(10): 1722-1731 (SCI) (Featured on cover)
3. Lianfu Li, Xin Zhang*, Zhendong Luan, Zengfeng Du, Shichuan Xi, Bing Wang, Chao Lian, Jun Yan. A new approach to measuring the temperature of fluids reaching 300°C and 2 mol/kg NaCl based on the Raman shift of water. Applied Spectroscopy. 2018, 72(11): 1621-1631 (SCI)
4. Lianfu Li, Xin Zhang*, Zhendong Luan, Zengfeng Du, Shichuan Xi, Bing Wang, Lei Cao, Chao Lian, Jun Yan (2018). In situ quantitative Raman detection of dissolved carbon dioxide and sulfate in deep-sea high-temperature hydrothermal vent fluids. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 2018, 19(6): 1809-1823. (SCI) (Featured on cover).
5. Shichuan Xi, Xin Zhang*, Zhendong Luan, Zengfeng Du, Lianfu Li, Bing Wang, Lei Cao, Chao Lian, Jun Yan (2018). A direct quantitative Raman method for the measurement of dissolved bisulfate in acid-sulfate fluids. Applied Spectroscopy. 2018,72(8) 1234-1243. (SCI)
6. Zengfeng Du, Xin Zhang*, Shichuan Xi, Lianfu Li, Zhendong Luan, Chao Lian, Bing Wang, Jun Yan (2018), In situ Raman spectroscopy study of synthetic gas hydrate formed by cold seep flow in the South China Sea, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 2018(168): 197-206. (SCI)
7. Shichuan Xi , Zhang Xin *, Du Zengfeng, Li Lianfu, Bing Wang, Zhendong Luan, Chao Lian, and Jun Yan (2018), Laser Raman detection of authigenic carbonates from cold seeps at the Formosa Ridge and east of the Pearl River Mouth Basin in the South China Sea, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 168(2018): 207-224. (SCI)
8. Lianfu Li, Zengfeng Du, Xin Zhang*, Shichuan Xi, Bing Wang, Zhendong Luan, Chao Lian, Jun Yan (2018). In Situ Raman Spectral Characteristics of Carbon Dioxide in a Deep-Sea Simulator of Extreme Environments Reaching 300？℃ and 30？MPa, Applied Spectroscopy, 2018. 72, 48-59. (SCI)
9. Bing Wang, Xin Zhang *, Zhendong Luan, Changan Chen, Jun Yan (2018) Seabed domes with circular depressions in the North Yellow Sea. Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. DOI:10.1007/s00343-019-7173-6. (SCI)
10. Xiaochuan Ma, Jun Yan, Zhendong Luan, Xin Zhang, Cui-E Zheng, Dajun Sun. High-resolution topography measurement of PACMANUS and DESMOS hydrothermal fields using a ROV in Manus basin[J]. Science Bulletin, 2016, 61(15): 1154-1156.