Dr. Liu is mainly interested in coastline change and dynamic processes on the coast development, sea-level change and paleocoastline evolution by remote sensing and GIS. She employed especially herself in detecting coastline change and SSC by optical remote sensing, estimating the hydrodynamic process in the coastal water and probing the sedimentary strata by GPR.
2016 – present, Associated Research, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
2010 – 2015, Research assistant, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Ph.D., 2010, Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences), Yantai, China
M.S., 2006, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOCAS), Qingdao, China
B.S., 2003, China University of Petroleum (Huadong), Qingdao, China
Member of Coastal and Estuarine Branch, Oceanographic Society of China
Coastal deposit, Ocean optical remote sensing
1) Yanxia Liu, Haijun Huang, Liwen Yan, Xiguang Yang, Haibo Bi, Zehua Zhang. Particle Size Parameters of Particulate Matter Suspended in Coastal Waters and Their Use as Indicators of Typhoon Influence, China. Remote Sensing 2020, 12(16):2581.
2) Yanxia Liu, Tingqin Du, Haijun Huang, Yilin Liu,Yi Zhang. Estimation of sediment compaction and its relationship with river channel distributions in the Yellow River delta, China. CATENA. 2019. 182. 104113.
3) Yanxia Liu, Haijun Huang, Xiao Liu, Liwen Yan, Zehua Zhang, Yi Zhang,Zhaojun Song. Response of seafloor sediment composition to a strong storm event in the inner-shelf of Heini Bay, China. Continental Shelf Research. 2019. 175. 1-11.
4) Yanxia Liu, Haijun Huang, Yan Liwen et al. Influence of suspended kelp culture on seabed sediment composition in Heini Bay, China. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 2016, 181, 39-50.
5) Yanxia Liu, Haijun Huang, Qi Yali et al. Holocene coastal morphologies and shoreline reconstruction for the southwestern coast of the Bohai Sea, China. Quaternary Research 2016, 86 (2), 144-161.
6) Yanxia Liu, Huang Haijun, Qiu Zhongfeng, Jianyong Fan. Detecting coastline change from satellite images based on beach slope estimation in a tidal flat. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 2013, 23, 165-176.
7) Haijun Huang, Yanxia Liu#, Zhongfeng Qiu. Morphodynamic evolution of the Xiaoqing River mouth: a Huanghe River-derived mixed energy estuary. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. 2012. 30. 889-904.
8) Yanxia Liu, Haijun Huang, Jun Yan. Using landsat data to detect long-term morphodynamic behavior of estuaries: A case study in the Xiaoqing River estuary, China. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2010, 417-420.
9) Haijun Huang, Yanxia Liu#,Bo Wang. Effect of spatial and spectral resolution of images on interpreting intertidal estuarine sediment grain size distributions. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2010, 13-16.
10) Yanxia Liu, Haijun Huang, Hui Fan. Dispersal of suspended sediment in the southwest inshore off the modern Huanghe (Yellow) River estuary. IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2009, IV-184-187.