2000-present, Professor, Institute of Oceanology, CAS
1981-1985, B. Sc.，Ocean University of Qingdao;
1985-1988, M. Sc., Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
1992-1997, Ph D., Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
2000- Research Professor, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
2003, Superviser of doctor degree.
Editorial Board, Marine Sciences (2014-)
Vice-Chairman of Ichthyology Association（2014-）
1. Marin fish aquaculture and fish reproductive physiology. Based on the variable temperature stimulation, high salt water separation, programmed freezing conservation and hormone induced for flatfish brood stocks, developed new artificial breeding techniques; Realized the nature spawning in the flatfish brood stocks, and the average rates of fertilization were up to 79%, which increased more than 35% compared with artificial insemination With the technique of crossing breeding, we have got flatfish (Paralichthys olivaceus♀×P. dentatus♂) offspring with average fertilization rate 69%, and more than 6 million tails of crossing offsprings were produced; Established the new aquaculture technique of Atlantic salmon in large scale commercial recirculating systems.
2. Marine animal germplasm cryopreservation technology and marine fish genetic breeding. The cryopreserved methods of sperm, embryos and larva for marine fishes, shellfishes, jellyfish and rag worm, and germplasm resource bank for marine animals, the germplasm bank management system have been established. And the established germ plasm resource bank of marine animals, contained over 15,000 mL sperm including more than 20 species with high economic importance, such as grouper, large yellow croaker, red seabream, olive flounder, abalone, oyster, jellyfish, etc. and the longest storage time has spanned more than 10 years. Except for the germplasm used in the long-term preserve of national germplasm and resource, the cryopreserved sperm has been successfully applied to the artificial breeding, hybrids production, gynogenetic diploids induced by heterologous sperm, and the construction of pedigree for large size.
3. Research on the specification and migration of primordial germ cell (PGCs) of marine fish. Two germ cell specific genes of turbot has been cloned and their expression patterns in embryos, larva and spawning gonads were analyzed; The specification, migration and proliferation mechanism of germ cell of marine fish were characterized; A GFP expression vectors driven by the vasa transcriptional regulatory region from the red seabream was constructed, which can label the germ cell lineage in medaka successfully.
4. Research on the aquatic environment control technique.
Through aquaculture habitat simulation, aquaculture fish welfare evaluation, aquaculture discharge water evaluation and treatment technology, established the flow water factory-like aquaculture mode and recirculating aquaculture mode. Through independent research and development and integrated innovation, a stable, efficient and highly adaptable seawater recycling aquaculture system has been developed.
Using multi-omics joint analysis revealed different reproductive strategies, clarified the formation mechanism of the heterotypic chromosome of the scorpionfish; established the artificial induction of the gonad development and maturity of the mariculture fish, the seed breeding technology and technology; to break through the flounder fish, the scorpionidae Artificial breeding, nursery and breeding techniques for more than a dozen marine fishes such as fishes, groupers, groupers, etc.; obtained, the hybrid flounder with advantages of fast growth, wide temperature range and strong stress resistance through artificial hybridization; made a breakthrough in the distant germ cell transplantation technology of marine fish spermatogonial stem cells, and established a technical system integrating fish germplasm cell cryopreservation, transplantation and cultivation, and established a marine animal sperm bank. And more than 20,000 sperms were stocked and used in interspecies hybridization, heterologous sperm gynogenesis induction, and large-scale production of seedlings; established a variety of breeding modes such as marine fish factory-based flowing water aquaculture, land-sea relay, RAS, etc. And made good demonstration and promotion in related technologies.
Honors and Awards
Jun Li has taken up more than 40 research projects in all. These relating achievements have been received the second prize in scientific and technological progress of Ministry of Agriculture (as participant, 2006), second prize of Shandong Province Science and Technology Invention Award (2012), second prize of State Oceanic Administration Science and Technology Award (2013), second prize of Weihai Municipal Science and Technology Award, second prize of Yantai Municipal Science and Technology Progress Award (2013), Tip-top talent in Qingdao，2017年
1） Yongshuang Xiao, Zhizhong Xiao, Daoyuan Ma, Chenxi Zhao, Lin Liu, Hao Wu, Wenchao Nie, Shijun Xiao*, Jing Liu*, Jun Li* and Angel Herrera-Ulloa. Chromosome-Level Genome Reveals the Origin of Neo-Y Chromosome in the Male Barred Knifejaw Oplegnathus fasciatus. iScience, 2020, 23 (4), UNSP 101039.
2）Lele Wu, Yunong Wang, Mingming Han, Zongcheng Song, Changbin Song, Shihong Xu, Jun Li*, Yanfeng Wang, Xian Li*, Xinlu Yue. Growth, stress and non-specific immune responses of turbot (Scophthalmus maximus) larvae exposed to different light spectra. Aquaculture, 2020, 520, 734950.
3）周 莉, 刘清华, 李军*. 鱼类生殖细胞移植技术研究及进展. 海洋科学，2020，44（8）：48–55.
4）Qinghua Liu*,？, Xueying Wang？, Yongshuang Xiao, Haixia Zhao, Shihong Xu, Yanfeng Wang, Lele Wu, Li Zhou, Tengfei Du, Xuejiao Lv, and Jun Li*. Sequencing of the black rockfish chromosomal genome provides insight into sperm storage in the female ovary. DNA Research, 2019, 26(6), 453–464.
5) Li Zhou, Xueying Wang, Qinghua Liu*, Shihong Xu, Haixia Zhao, Mingming Han, Yunong Wang, Zongcheng Song, Jun Li*. Visualization of turbot (Scophthalmus maximus) primordial germ cells in vivo using fluorescent protein mediated by the 3’untranslated region of nanos3 or vasa Gene. Marine Biotechnology, 2019, 21: 671–682.
6) Yongshuang Xiao, Zhizhong Xiao, Daoyuan Ma, Jing Liu* and Jun Li*. Genome sequence of the barred knifejaw Oplegnathus fasciatus (Temminck & Schlegel, 1844): the first chromosome-level draft genome in the family Oplegnathidae. Gigascience, 2019, 8(3):1-8.
7) Xuejiao Lv, Yunong Wang, Zhizhong Xiao, Qinghua Liu？, Shihong Xu, Jieming Zhai, Jun Li？. Skeletal ontogeny and deformity during the early fry culture process for Epinephelus lanceolatus. Aquaculture, 2019, 508：113-126.
8) Yang Yang, Qinghua Liu？, Yongshuang Xiao, Shihong Xu, Xueying Wang, Jingkun Yang, Zongcheng Song, Feng You, Jun Li？. High temperature increases the gsdf expression in masculinization of genetically female Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). General and Comparative Endocrinology, 2019, 274：17-25.
9) Lele Wu, Mingming Han, Zongcheng Song, Shihong Xu, Jun Li？, Xueqing Li, Yanfeng Wang, Xinlu Yue, Xian Li？. Effects of different light spectra on embryo development and the performance of newly hatched turbot (Scophthalmus maximus) larvae. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 2019, 90：328-337.
10) Xueying Wang, Qinghua Liu*, Shihong Xu, Yongshuang Xiao, Yanfeng Wang, Chengcheng Feng, Rui Xue, Haixia Zhao, Zongcheng Song, Jun Li*. Transcriptome dynamics during turbot spermatogenesis predicting the potential key genes regulating male germ cell proliferation and maturation. Scientific Reports, 2018, 8, 15825.