2014.1-present, Associate professor, Key Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Waves, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2011.7-2013.12, Assistant researcher, Key Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Waves, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph.D., 2011, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
M.S., 2008, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China
B.S., 2005, Huaqiao University, Quanzhou, China
Ocean circulation dynamics and its predictability
1. Zhang, P., Q. Wang*, and L. Ma, 2015: Impact of nonlinear processes on formation of the Kuroshio large meander path in a barotropic inflow-outflow model. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 33, 252–261.
2. Wang, Q., and M. Mu, 2014: Responses of the ocean planktonic ecosystem to finite-amplitude perturbations, J. Geophys. Res., 119, 8454–8471.
3. Mu, M., Q. Wang*, W. Duan, Z. Jiang, 2014: Application of conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation to targeted observation studies of the atmosphere and ocean, Journal of Meteorological Research, 28, 923-933.
4. Wang, Q., M. Mu, and H. A. Dijkstra, 2013: Effects of nonlinear physical processes on optimal error growth in predictability experiments of the Kuroshio Large Meander. J. Geophys. Res., 118, 6425–6436.
5. Wang, Q., M. Mu, and H. A. Dijkstra, 2013: The similarity between optimal precursor and optimally growing initial error in prediction of Kuroshio large meander and its application to targeted observation. J. Geophys. Res., 118, 869–884.
6. Wang, Q., L. Ma, and Q. Xu, 2013: Optimal precursor of the transition from Kuroshio large meander to straight path. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 31, 1153–1161.
7. Wang, Q., M. Mu, and H. A. Dijkstra, 2012: Application of the conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation method to the predictability study of the Kuroshio large meander. Adv. Atmos. Sci., 29, 118–134,
8. Mu, M., W. Duan, Q. Wang, R. Zhang, 2010: An extension of conditional nonlinear optimal perturbation approach and its applications, Nonlin. Processes Geophys., 2010，17, 211-220