01/2014 – present, Associate Professor, Key Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Waves, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
05/2012 – 12/2013, Research Associate, Key Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Waves, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph.D., 2009, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China
M.S., 2006, Hohai University, Nanjing, China
B.S., 2001, Qingdao University, Qingdao, China
Ocean Dynamics, Mesoscale Processes
(1) Liu Z, Hou Y, Xie Q, Hu P, Liu Y. The upper-ocean response to typhoons as measured at a moored acoustic Doppler current profile, Chin. J. Oceanol. Limn., 2015, 33(5): 1256-1264.
(2) Liu Z, Hou Y, Xie Q. Eddy formation and surface flow field in the Luzon Strait area during the summer of 2009, Chin. J. Oceanol. Limn., 2015, 33(5): 1320-1333.
(3) Liu Z, Hou Y. Kuroshio Front in the East China Sea from Satellite SST and Remote Sensing Data, IEEE Geosci. Remote S., 2012, 9(3): 517-520.
(4) Liu Z, Hou Y, Qi P, Hu P. Observations of Kuroshio intrusion into the South China Sea, Chin. J. Oceanol. Limn., 2010, 28(5): 1012-1020.
(5) Guan S, Liu Z, Song J, Feng L. Upper ocean response to super typhoon Tembin (2012) explored using multiplatform satellite and Argo float observations, Int. J. Remote Sens., 2017, online.
(6) Yang B, Hou Y, Hu P, Liu Z, Liu Y. Shallow ocean response to tropical cyclones observed on the continental shelf of the northwestern South China Sea, J. Geophys. Res., 2015, 120(5): 3817-3836.
(7) Liu Y, Hou Y, Hu P, Liu Z. Effect of wave-spectrum width on the probability density distribution of wind-wave heights, Chin. J. Oceanol. Limn., 2015, 33(5): 1124-1131.
(8) Lin F, Liang C, Hou Y, Liu Y, Liu Z, Hu P. Observation of interactions between internal tides and near-inertial waves after typhoon passage in the northern South China Sea. Chin. J. Oceanol. Limnol., 2015, 33(5), 1279-1285.
(9) Lin F, Hou Y, Liu Z, Hu P, Fang Y, Duan Y, The influence of background waves on internal solitary waves after the transit of Typhoon Neast in the northern South China Sea, Acta Oceanol. Sin., 2014, 33(7): 40-47.