I was born in June 1987 and obtained the master degree in Shandong university in 2009. Then I entered the Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Science for further education and obtained the PhD in marine biology in 2014. Afterward, I worked as postdoctor and associated professor in the Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. My research interest is focused on the identification of genes controlling the economic traits and development of molecular breeding method in shrimp. Several genes and molecular markers associated with growth, sex determination, disease resistance were identified in previous work. I have developed the marker-assisted selection and genomic selection method to accelerate the genetic breeding of shrimp. Based on the fundamental and application research, I have bred two new varieties of pacific white shrimp Litopeneaus vannamei. Both of them have a good performance in aquaculture. I have published 10 SCI papers as the first author or co-first author, and was licensed 5 national invention patents of China and one national invention patent of USA.
2009.9 – 2014.6. PhD in Marine Biology. Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. People’s Republic of China.
2005.9 –2009.6. Masters in biotechnology. Shandong University. People’s Republic of China.
Selective breeding in aquaculture, molecular genetics, population genetics.
Honors and Awards
First class scholarship of IOCAS
Outstanding student leaders of UCAS
Outstanding graduate student of Shandong Province
1. Xiaojun Zhang#, Jianbo Yuan#, Yamin Sun#, Shihao Li#, Yi Gao#, Yang Yu#, Chengzhang Liu, Quanchao Wang, Xinjia Lv, Xiaoxi Zhang, Ka Yan Ma, Xiaobo Wang, Wenchao Lin, Long Wang, Xueli Zhu, Chengsong Zhang, Jiquan Zhang, Songjun Jin, Kuijie Yu, Jie Kong, Peng Xu, Jack Chen, Hongbin Zhang, Patrick Sorgeloos, Amir Sagi, Acacia Alcivar-Warren, Zhanjiang Liu, Lei Wang, Jue Ruan, Ka Hou Chu*, Bin Liu*, Fuhua Li*, Jianhai Xiang*, Penaeid shrimp genome provides insights into benthic adaptation and frequent molting, Nature Communications, 2019, 10:356.
2. Yang Yu, Quanchao Wang, Qian Zhang, Zheng Luo, Yue Wang, Xiaojun Zhang, Hao Huang, Jianhai Xiang, Fuhua Li*. Genome Scan for Genomic Regions and Genes Associated with Growth Trait in Pacific White Shrimp Litopeneaus vannamei. Marine Biotechnology, 2019, 21(3), 374-3832.
3. Yang Yu, Jingwen Liu, Fuhua Li, Xiaojun Zhang, Chengsong Zhang，Jianhai Xiang. Gene set based association analyses for the WSSV resistance of Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Scientific Reports, 2017, 7: 40549.
4. Yang Yu, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianbo Yuan, Fuhua Li, Xiaohan Chen, Yongzhen Zhao, Long Huang, Hongkun Zheng, Jianhai Xiang. Genome survey and high-density genetic map construction provide genomic and genetic resources for the Pacific White Shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Scientific Reports. 2015, 5:15612.
5. Yang Yu, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianbo Yuan, Quanchao Wang, Shihao Li, Hao Huang, Fuhua Li, Jianhai Xiang. Identification of sex-determining loci in Pacific white shrimp Litopeneaus vannamei using linkage and association analysis. Marine Biotechnology, 2017,19(3): 277–286.
6. Yang Yu, Jiankai Wei, Xiaojun Zhang, Jingwen Liu, Chengzhang Liu, Fuhua Li, Jianhai Xiang. SNP Discovery in the Transcriptome of White Pacific Shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei by Next Generation Sequencing, PLOS ONE, 2014, 9(1): e87218.
7. Yang Yu, Xiaojun Zhang, Jingwen Liu, Fuhua Li, Hao Huang, Yijun Li, Xiaolin Liu, Jianhai Xiang. Molecular markers for identifying a new selected variety of Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. 2015, 33(1):1-10.
8. Quanchao Wang, Yang Yu, Jianbo Yuan, Xiaojun Zhang, Hao Huang, Fuhua Li, Jianhai Xiang. Effects of marker density and population structure on the genomic prediction accuracy for growth trait in Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. BMC genetics. 2017, 18:45 . (co-first)
9. Quanchao Wang, Yang Yu, Qian Zhang, Xiaojun Zhang, Hao Huang, Jianhai Xiang, Fuhua Li. Evaluation on the genomic selection in Litopenaeus vannamei for the resistance against Vibrio parahaemolyticus. Aquaculture, 2019, 505,212-216 (co-first).
10. Quanchao Wang, Yang Yu, Qian Zhang, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianbo Yuan, Hao Huang, Jianhai Xiang, Fuhua Li. A novel candidate gene associated with body weight in the Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei.Frontiers in Genetics, 2019; 10: 520 https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2019.00520 (co-first)
11. Jingwen Liu, Yang Yu, Fuhua Li, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianhai Xiang. A new anti-lipopolysaccharide factor (ALF) gene with its SNP polymorphisms related to WSSV resistance of L. vannamei. Fish and shellfish immunology. 2014, 39(1) :24-33.
12. Jingwen Liu, Yang Yu, Fuhua Li, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianhai Xiang. A new ALF isolated from L. vannamei and its polymorphism analysis related to shrimp resistance to WSSV infection. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. 2014, 32(6),1232-1247.
13. Wang Quanchao, Yu Yang, Li Fuhua, Zhang Xiaojun, Xiang Jianhai. Predictive ability of genomic selection models for breeding value estimation on growth traits of Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. 2017：35 (5) :1-9
1. Yang Yu, Fuhua Li, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianhai Xiang. Multiplex-SSR genotyping method for pedigree assignment in Litopeneaus vannamei. ZL201310340730.1
2. Jianhai Xiang, Yang Yu, Xiaojun Zhang, Fuhua Li. A molecular method for identification of multiple generation selective breed of Litopeneaus vannamei. ZL201210384634.2
3. Fuhua Li, Yang Yu, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianhai Xiang. A DNA probe for genetic sex identification in Litopeneaus vannamei and acquisition. ZL 201510245304.9
4. Yang Yu, Fuhua Li, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianhai Xiang. A method for genetic sex determination based on one-step PCR in Litopeneaus vannamei. ZL 201510245995.2
5. Yang Yu, Fuhua Li, Xiaojun Zhang, Jianhai Xiang. A method for genetic sex determination based High resolution Melting analysis in Litopeneaus vannamei. ZL 201510247154.5