Jan 2012–present, Associate Professor, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China
Jul 2009– Dec 2011, Assistant researcher, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China
Sep 2004– Jul 2009, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China, Marine Biology, PhD
Sep 2000– Jul 2004, Ocean University of China, Marine Biologym, Bachelor
I'm interested in the development and evolution of mollusks (spiralians). Now I'm working on molluscan larval shell formation and body patterning (AP/DV), aiming to understand the complexity and the (vast) diversity of molluscan shells as well as body plans. In particular, molluscan gene editing is paid special attention.
1. Wang S§, Zhang J§, Jiao W§, Li J§, Xun X§, Sun Y§, Guo X§, Huan P§ et al 2017. Scallop genome provides insights into evolution of bilaterian karyotype and development. Nature Ecology & Evolution 1:0120. (§Co-first author)
2. Tan S, Huan P*, Liu B 2018 An investigation of oyster TGF-β receptor genes and their potential roles in early molluscan development. Gene 663:65–71. （*Correspongding author）
3. Huan P, Wang H, Liu B 2016 Assessment of housekeeping genes as internal references in quantitative expression analysis during early development of oyster. Genes & Genetic Systems 91:257–265.
4. Huan P, Wang H,Liu B. 2015. A label-free proteomic analysis on competent larvae and juveniles of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas. PLoS One 10: e0135008.
5. Wang X, Liu B, Liu F, Huan P*. 2015. A calaxin gene in the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas and its potential roles in cilia. Zoological Science 32: 419-426. （* Correspongding author）
6. Huang X, Liu B,Huan P*. 2015. The sperm proteome of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas and immunolocalization of heat shock proteins. Invertebrate Reproduction & Development 59: 111-118. （* Correspongding author）
7. Huan P, Liu G, Wang H,Liu B. 2014. Multiple ferritin subunit genes of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas and their distinct expression patterns during early development. Gene 546: 80-88.
8. Huan P, Liu G, Wang H,Liu B. 2013. Identification of a tyrosinase gene potentially involved in early larval shell biogenesis of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas. Development Genes and Evolution 223: 389-394.
9. Huan P, Wang H, Dong B,Liu B. 2012. Identification of differentially expressed proteins involved in the early larval development of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas. Journal of Proteomics 75: 3855-3865.
10. Huan P, Wang H,Liu B. 2012. Transcriptomic Analysis of the Clam Meretrix meretrix on Different Larval Stages. Marine Biotechnology 14: 69-78.