2018.10-present, Professor, Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2015.01-2018.09, Associate Professor, Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2012.07-2014.12, Assistant Professor, Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
PhD, 2006-2012, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China
Exchange Student, 2010-2011, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
B.S., 2002-2006, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
Secretary general of Crustacean Society, Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology/China Zoological Society
Crustacean innate immunity and disease control
Crustacean sexual development and endocrine regulation
Studies on the innate immunity of shrimp provide new insights into pattern recognition, immune signaling transduction, and especially antimicrobial peptides of the crustacean immune system. These findings will benefit for development of novel marine drugs and disease control strategies of aquatic animals.
Honors and Awards
Second Class Prize of Shandong Natural Science Award
Second Class Prize of Marine Science and Technology Award
(1) Shihao Li, Fuhua Li. The Anti-lipopolysaccharide Factors in Crustaceans. Subcell Biochem. 2020;94:63-80. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-41769-7_3.
(2) Shihao Li, Xinjia Lv, Fuhua Li*, Jianhai Xiang. Characterization of a Lymphoid Organ Specific Anti-lipopolysaccharide Factor From Shrimp Reveals Structure-Activity Relationship of the LPS-Binding Domain. Frontiers in Immunology, 2019, 10:872.
(3) Shihao Li#, Zhiwei Wang#, Fuhua Li*, Kuijie Yu, Jianhai Xiang, 2017. A Novel Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptor Participates in White Spot Syndrome Virus Infection in Litopenaeus vannamei. Front. Immunol. 8:1457.
(4) Shihao Li, Xinjia Lv, Yang Yu, Xiaojun Zhang, Fuhua Li*. Molecular and functional diversity of crustin-like genes in the shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Marine Drugs, 2020, 18:361.
(5) Shihao Li#, Shuyue Guo#, Fuhua Li*, Jianhai Xiang. Functional diversity of anti-lipopolysaccharide factor isoforms in shrimp and their characters related to antiviral activity. Marine Drugs, 2015, 13(5):2602-2616.
(6) Xiaojun Zhang#, Jianbo Yuan#, Yamin Sun#, Shihao Li#, Yi Gao#, Yang Yu#, et al. Penaeid shrimp genome provides insights into benthic adaptation and frequent molting. Nature Communications 10(1):1234567890. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-08197-4. (Co-first author)
(7) Shihao Li#, Xiaojun Zhang#, Zheng Sun, Fuhua Li*, Jianhai Xiang*. Transcriptome analysis on Chinese shrimp Fenneropenaeus chinensis during WSSV acute infection. PLOS ONE, 8(3): e58627. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0058627, 2013.
(8) Qing Guo, Shihao Li*, Xinjia Lv, Jianhai Xiang, Amir Sagi, Rivka Manor, Fuhua Li*. A Putative Insulin-like Androgenic Gland Hormone Receptor Gene Specifically Expressed in Male Chinese Shrimp. Endocrinology 159(5) :2173–2185.
(9) Qing Guo, Shihao Li*, Xinjia Lv, Jianhai Xiang, Rivka Manor, Amir Sagi, Fuhua Li*. Sex-biased CHHs and their putative receptor regulate the expression of IAG gene in the shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei. Frontiers in Physiology, 2019, 10:1525.