20011/09 – present, Professor, Key laboratory of Marine Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2010/10 – 2011/06, Research Assistant, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine
2009/09 – 2010/09, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine
2007/01 – 2009/08, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina.
Ph.D., 2007, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
B.S. , 2001, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
Population genetics, phylogeography, population genomics, local adaptation, natural selection, marine biology
1. Xue DX, Wang HY, Zhang T, Liu JX (2014) Population genetic structure and demographic history of Atrina pectinata based on mitochondrial DNA and microsatellite markers. PLoS ONE 9(4): e95436.
2. Liu JX, Tatarenkov A, Beacham T, Gorbachev V, Wildes S, Avise JC (2011) Effects of Pleistocene climatic fluctuations on the phylogeographic and demographic histories of Pacific Herring (Clupea pallasii). Molecular Ecology, 20, 3879-3893.
3. Liu JX, Ely B (2009) Sibship reconstruction demonstrates the extremely low effective population size of striped bass Morone saxatilis in the Santee-Cooper system, South Carolina, USA. Molecular Ecology, 18, 4112-4120.
4. Liu JX, Gao TX, Wu SF, Zhang YP (2007) Pleistocene isolation in the Northwestern Pacific marginal seas and limited dispersal in a marine fishes, Chelon haematocheilus (Temminck & Schlegel, 1845). Molecular Ecology, 16, 275-288.
5. Liu JX, Gao TX, Yokogawa K, Zhang YP (2006) Differential population structuring and demographic history of two closely related fish species, Japanese sea bass (Lateolabrax japonicus) and spotted sea bass (Lateolabrax maculatus) in Northwestern Pacific. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 39, 799-811.