NInstitute of Oceanology,Chinese Academy of Sciences
About us
History

Picture of the IOCAS in the 1950s at current Location
 

  On August 1, 1950, Qingdao Marine Biology Laboratory was founded as a research division of the Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. The laboratory had a total of 27 staff. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) was elected as director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng) and Zhang Xi as vice-directors.

  On January 1, 1954, the Laboratory was separated and named as Marine Biology Laboratory, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) served as director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng) and Zhang Xi as vice-directors.

  On January 1, 1957, the Marine Biology Laboratory was expanded to the Institute of Marine Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) was director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng), Zhang Xi and Sun Ziping were vice-directors.

  On January 1, 1959, the Institute of Marine Biology was upgraded to the Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Tong Dizhou (TC Tung) was director, and Drs. Zeng Chengkui (TK Tseng), Zhang Xi and Sun Ziping were vice-directors.

  Picture taken at NO. 28 Laiyang Road old address of the Institute of Oceanology

  TC Tung(The second from the left in the front row); CK Tseng(The second from the left in the rear row)

Current Look of the IOCAS

Copyright © Institute of Oceanology Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: iocas@qdio.ac.cn