Research Field:（研究领域）：Physical Oceanography
2017-present, Director of Institute of Oceanography, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1999-present, Professor, Institute of Oceanography, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2004, Visiting Scholar, The British National Marine Science Center
2000, Visiting Scholar, Texas A&M University
1995-1997, Post-Doctor, Institute of Oceanography, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph. D., 1995, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
M. S., 1992, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
B. S., 1989, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
Vice-chair, Scientific Steering Committee, Northwestern Pacific Ocean Circulation and Climate Experiment (NPOCE)
Secretary general, Chinese Committee for LOICZ/JGOFS
Member, Committee on Physical Oceanography and Climate (POC), North Pacific Marine Science Organization (PICES)
Member, Working Group 20: Evaluations of Climate Change, North Pacific Marine Science Organization (PICES)
Ocean circulation dynamics, including the western boundary currents in the low-attitude Pacific, tropical ocean circulation, shelf circulations in the China Seas and mesoscale processes, etc.
Honors and Awards:（获得荣誉、获奖情况）
He has been awarded “National Excellent Scientific and Technological Worker”, “National Leader in Scientific and Technological Innovation” , “Taishan Scholar in Shandong Province” and many other awards for his remarkable works.
1. Wang, Fan, Dexing Wu, Guohui She, and Jiqiao Yan, 1995: Response of equatorial Pacific upper Ocean current to westerly wind burst, Chin. Oceanol. Limnol., 13, 294-302。
2.Wang, Fan, Dunxin Hu, 1997: A homogeneous model of upper layer circulation in Indo-Pacific region, Chin. Oceanol. Limnol., 15, 118-124。
3.Wang, Fan, and Dunxin Hu, 1998: Dynamic and thermohaline properties of the Mindanao Undercurrent, part I: dynamic structure. Chin. J. Oceanol. Limnol., 16, 122-127.
4.Wang, Fan, and Dunxin Hu, 1998: Dynamic and thermohaline properties of the Mindanao Undercurrent, part II: thermohaline structure. Chin. J. Oceanol. Limnol., 16, 206-213.
5.Wang, Fan, Dexing Wu, Shizuo Feng and Maochong Shi, 1998: Analysis on the weakly nonlinear dynamic system of the equatorial waves, Marine Science, No. 3, 40-42.
6.Wang, Fan, Dexing Wu, 1999: Analysis on the characteristics of 20-day period current oscillations in the upper central and eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean, Oceanol. Limnol., 30(3), 333-341.(In Chinese with English abstract)
7.Wang, Fan, and Hu Dunxin, 1999: A preliminary study on mechanism of counter western boundary undercurrent below the thermocline: a simple conceptual model, Chin. J. Oceanol. Limnol., 17, 1- 9.
8.Wang, Fan, Dexing Wu and Shizuo Feng, 1999: Weakly nonlinear dynamic model of the equatorial wave-induced Lagrangian residual current and its solutions, Oceanol. Limnol., 30(6), 701-710. (In Chinese with English abstract)
9.Wang, Fan, Dexing Wu and Shizuo Feng, 2000: The mixed Rossby-inertia gravity wave-induced Lagrangian residual current, Oceanol. Limnol., 31(2), 168-177. (In Chinese with English abstract).
10.Zhao Y., Y. Chen, X Bai and F. Wang： Prelimary study of relationship between interannual variability of SST in South China Sea and tropical Indian Ocean and South China Sea Monsoon outbreak. Journal of Tropical Meteorology, 2000, 6(2): 123-131.
11.Wang, Fan, Yongping Zhao, Zhigang Feng, Xuezhi Bai, Aiming Wu, 2001: Thermohaline structure and variation along sections of the South China Sea in Spring and Summer 1998, Ocean, Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 23(5), 1-13. (In Chinese with English abstract)
12.Wang, Fan, Ping Chang, Dunxin Hu and Howard Seidel, 2001: Seasonal Circulation in the Northwestern Tropical Pacific Ocean Diagnosed with the Assimilation Data from 1989 through 1997, J. hydrodynamics, 13 (3), 65-73.
13.Chang, P., Giese, B. S., Ji, L., Seidel, H. F. and Wang, F., 2001: Decadal change in the south tropical Pacific in a global assimilation analysis, Geophys. Res. Lett., 28, 18, 3461-3464.
14.Bai Xuezhi, Bai Hong, Hu Dunxin and Wang Fan, 2001,Cyclonic recirculation on the left-hand side of the Kuroshio in the East China Sea, Journal of Hydrodynamics, 13(3), 133-137
15.Wang, Fan, Ping Chang, Dunxin Hu and Howard Seidel, 2002: Circulation in the Western Tropical Pacific Ocean and its seasonal variation, Chinese Science Bulletin, 47 (7), 591-595.
16.Wang Fan, Lin Pengfei, Chen Yongli, Tang Xiaohui, 2004: Seasonal cycle of Topography in the Bohai Sea and Yellow Sea and Its Relationships with atmospheric forcing and oceanic adjustment based on altimetry data, Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, Vol.22, No. 3, 256-264.
17.GAO Shan, Wang Fan, LI MingKui, CHEN YongLi, YAN ChangXiang & ZHU Jiang, Application of altimetry data assimilation on mesoscale eddies simulation, Science in China Series D: Earth Sciences, April 2007, vol. 50, no. 4, 1-10, doi: 10.1007/s11430-007-0152-3
18.Wu, L., Fan Wang, D. Yuan, and M. Cui (2007), Evolution of freshwater plumes and salinity fronts in the northern Bay of Bengal, J. Geophys. Res., 112, C08017, doi:10.1029/2005JC003308
19.Wang Fan, LIU Chuanyu, 2009, An N-shape thermal front in the western South Yellow Sea in winter, Chin J. Oceanol. Limnol., Vol. 27, No. 4, P. 898-906, 2009, DOI: 10.1007/s00343-009-9045-y
20. Wang Fan, Y. Li, Y. Zhang, and D. Hu, 2013, The Subsurface Water in the North Pacific Tropical Gyre, Deep-Sea Res, Part I, 75, 78–92.
21.Yang, G., Wang Fan, Y. Li, and P. Lin, 2013, Mesoscale eddies in the northwestern subtropical Pacific Ocean: statistical characteristics and three-dimensional structures, J. Geophys. Res.,118(4), 1906-1925, doi:10.1002/jgrc.20164.
22. Wang Fan, Wang, J., Guan, C., Ma, Q. and Zhang, D. 2016, Mooring observation of equatorial currents over upper 1000 m depth in the western Pacific Ocean in 2014. J. Geophys. Res. Oceans. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1002/2015JC011510.
23. Wang Fan, Lina Song,Yuanlong Li, Chuanyu Liu, Jianing Wang, Pengfei Lin, Guang Yang, Jun Zhao, Xinyuan Diao, Dongxiao Zhang, Dunxin Hu, 2016, Semi-annually alternating exchange of intermediate waters east of the Philippines, Geophysical Research Letters, DOI 10.1002/2015JC011510.
24. Lina Song, Yuanlong Li, Jianing Wang, Fan Wang*, Shijian Hu, Chuanyu Liu, Xinyuan Diao & Cong Guan, 2018. Tropical Meridional Overturning Circulation Observed by Subsurface Moorings in the Western Pacific. Scientific Reports, 8, 7632 https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-26047-7.
25. Ren Qiuping, Li Yuanlong, Wang Fan*, Song Lina, Liu Chuanyu, & Zhai Fangguo, 2018. Seasonality of the Mindanao Current/Undercurrent system. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123, 1105-1122.
26. Fan Wang, Shijian Hu, Dunxin Hu, Dongliang Yuan, 2018, Recent Progress in the Western Pacific Ocean Circulation and Climate Study from IOCAS and Contribution to NPOCE/CLIVAR. 75: 13-18.
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: email@example.com