Name： Feng You
Subject: Marine Biology
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao 266071, P.R.China
More: Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology (EMBL), Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
2008-present，Professor, EMBL, Institute of Oceanology, CAS, Qingdao, China
1998-2000，Guest Scientist, Institute of Molecular Agrobiology(IMA), National University of Singapore, Singapore
Ph.D., 2001, Institute of Oceanology, CAS, China
M.S., 1990, Institute of Oceanology, CAS, China
B.S., 1984, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
Editorial Board, Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part A-D (2020- )
Journal of Tropical Oceanography, China (2014- )
Member, National Fish Association of China (1990- )
Fish chromosome manipulation, Fish endocrinology, Fish sex control, Fish breeding, Fish population genetics
By using genetic approaches, we elucidate the molecular and physiological regulation mechanism of marine fish gonadal differentiation and response to cold stress, as well as epigenetic and endocrinological roles in sex phenotype formation of the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Marine flatfish genetic breeding based on gynogenesis and traditional breeding techniques are being developed.
Honors and Awards:
Chen SL, HJ Liu, F You, et al. 2014. National Award for Technological Invention, China, second prize. Exploration of gene resources and germplasm establishment and application of technology in marine flatfish. 2014-F-301-2-03-R03.
Qu KM, Y Liu, ST Liu, JX Zhu, YL Zhang, ZG Cui, F You et al. 2017. Qingdao Award for Science and Technology, Shandong, China, second prize. R & D and demonstration application of energy efficient and environmental protection recycling aquaculture technology. J2017-2-23.
Song ZC, J Li, F You et al. 2012. Weihai Award for Science and Technology, Shandong, China, second prize. Large-scale production techniques for zygotes of olive flounder, turbot and starry flounder. 2012-2-22-1.
Li J, ZZ Xiao, DY Ma, SH Xu, F You et al. 2012. Marine Science Technology Innovation Award, State Oceanic Administration, China, second prize. Establishment and application of large-scale production techniques for hybrid of summer flounder (♂) and olive flounder (♀). HKJ2012-G-2-B83-05.
1. Wang Lijuan, Zhihao Wu, Congcong Zou, Shaoshuai Liang, Yuxia Zou, Yan Liu, Feng You*. Sex-dependent RNA editing and N6-adenosine RNA methylation profiling in the gonads of a fish, the olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology, 2020, 8: 751.
2. Shuang Jiao, Miaomiao Nie, Hongbin Song, Dongdong Xu*, Feng You*. Physiological responses to cold and starvation stresses in the liver of yellow drum (Nibea albiflora) revealed by LC-MS metabolomics. Science of The Total Environment, 2020, 715:136940.
3. Miaomiao Nie, Yunliang Lu, Congcong Zou, Lijuan Wang, Peijun Zhang, Feng You*. Insight into AMPK regulation mechanism in vivo and in vitro: responses to low temperatures in the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Journal of Thermal Biology, 2020, 91: 102640.
4. Zhihao Wu, Shihong Xu, Lijuan Wang, Qiaowan Wu, Jun Li, Hao Liu, Feng You*. Transcription profiles and fatty acid composition of the artificial induced triploid alevin in Atlantic salmon Salmo salar. Theriogenology, 2020, 155: 49-59.
5. Shaoshuai Liang, Wenxiang Wang, Lijuan Wang, Zhihao Wu, Yuxia Zou, Xungang Tan, Yan Liu, Zhuangzhuang Peng, Feng You*. Figla gene roles in the proliferation of oocytes in the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Aquaculture, 2020, 528: 735493.
6. Lijuan Wang, Zhihao Wu, Yingjun Wang, Mengxia Liu, Aihuan Song, Hongjun Liu, Feng You*. Genetic assessment of a black rockfish, Sebastes schlegelii, stock enhancement program in Lidao Bay, China based on mitochondrial and nuclear DNA analysis. Frontiers in Marine Science, February 2020, 7: 94.
7. Congcong Zou, Lijuan Wang, Yuxia Zou, Zhihao Wu, Wenxiang Wang, Shaoshuai Liang, Ling Wang, Feng You*. Characteristics and sex dimorphism of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase family genes in the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2020, 199: 105597.
8. Yuxia Zou, Zhihao Wu, Zhaofei Fan, Dongdong Liang, Lijuan Wang, Zongcheng Song, Feng You*. Analyses of mRNA-seq and miRNA-seq of brain reveal the sex differences of gene expression and regulation before and during gonadal differentiation in 17β-estradiol or 17α-methyltestosterone induced olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Molecular Reproduction and Development, 2020, 87(1): 78–90.
9. Zhihao Wu, Lijuan Wang, Qiaowan Wu, Yunliang Lu, Zongcheng Song, Jun Li, Feng You*. Study on artificial induction, growth and gamete quality of mitogynogenetic turbot Scophthalmus maximus. Aquaculture, 2020, 515: 734585.
10. Miaomiao Nie, Jinwei Hu, Yunliang Lu, Zhihao Wu, Lijuan Wang, Dongdong Xu, Peijun Zhang, Feng You*. Cold effect analysis and screening of SNPs associated with cold-tolerance in the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2019, 35: 924–932.
11. Dongdong Liang, Zhaofei Fan, Yuxia Zou, Xungang Tan, Zhihao Wu, Shuang Jiao, Jun Li, Peijun Zhang, Feng You*. Characteristics of cyp11a during gonad differentiation of the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. International Journal of Molecular Science, 2018, 19(9): 2641.
12. Zhaofei Fan, Yuxia Zou, Shuang Jiao, Xungang Tan, Zhihao Wu, Dongdong Liang, Peijun Zhang, Feng You*. Significant association of cyp19a promoter methylation with environmental factors and gonadal differentiation in olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part A, 2017, 208: 70–79.
13. Limin Peng#, Yuan Zheng#, Feng You*, Zhihao Wu, Yuxia Zou, Peijun Zhang. Establishment and characterization of a testicular Sertoli cell line from olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 2016, 34(5): 1054–1063.
14. Lijuan Wang, Feng You*, Qixiang Wang, Zhihao Wu, Mengxia Liu. Length–weight and length–length relationships of 11 fish species from Zhimai River estuary. China. Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 2015, 31(2): 435–436.
15. Zhaofei Fan, Feng You*, Lijuan Wang, Shenda Weng, Zhihao Wu, Jinwei Hu, Yuxia Zou, Xungang Tan, Peijun Zhang. Gonadal transcriptome analysis of male and female olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). BioMed Research International, 2014, Volume 2014, Article ID 291067, 10 pages.
16. Aiyun Wen, Feng You*, Peng Sun, Jun Li, Dongdong Xu, Zhihao Wu, Deyou Ma，Peijun Zhang. CpG methylation of dmrt1 and cyp19a promoters in relation to their sexual dimorphic expression in the Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Journal of Fish Biology, 2014, 84: 193–205.
17. Sun, P., F. You*, D. Ma, J. Li and P. Zhang. Sex steroid changes during temperature-induced gonadal differentiation in Paralichthys olivaceus. J. Appl. Ichthyol., 2013, 29: 880–890.
18. Ni, J., F. You*, J.H. Xu, D.D. Xu, A.Y. Wen, Z.H. Wu, Y.L. Xu and P.J. Zhang*. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in intron 1 and intron 2 of Pseudosciaena crocea growth hormone gene are correlated with growth traits. Chin. J. of Oceanology and Limnology, 2012, 30(2): 279–285.
19. Xu, D.D., F. You*, Z.H. Wu, J. Li, J. Ni, Z.Z. Xiao, P.J. Zhang* and Y.L. Xu. Genetic characterization of asymmetric reciprocal hybridization between the flatfishes Paralichthys olivaceus and Paralichthys dentatus. Genetica, 2009, 137(2): 151–158.
20. You, F., J.H. Xu, X.P. Zhu, Y.L. Xu and P.J. Zhang*. Effect of UV Irradiation on Sperm of the Left-eyed Flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 2008, 39(3): 414–422.
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: email@example.com