Name: Li Xuegang
Subject: Marine Chemistry
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Key Laboratory of Marine Ecology and Environmental Sciences
Li Xuegang, Ph.D., professor. In recent years, he has participated in more than 10 projects, such as the National Natural Science Foundation, the public Science and Technology Research Funds Projects of Ocean, the Strategic Priority Research Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences, etc. His main research field is marine geochemistry and His interest is focused on the hypoxia in the ocean and carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, silicon and other biogenic elements cycle. He has published dozens of papers in Chinese and English journals such as the Biogeochemistry, Scientia Marinna, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Acta Oceanologica Sinica, Journal of Environmental Sciences, analytical chemistry, etc.
Ph.D., 2004, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
M.S., 1996, Changchun College of geology
B.S., 1992, Changchun College of geology.
Director, Chinese Chemistry Society of Oceanology(2012-)
Marin Biogeochemistry, Marine Chemistry
1. A series of monthly global 1°×1° gridded dataset of pCO2, TA, DIC, DO, pH were constructed by a General Regression Neural Network (GRNN) method. Based on the datasets, refined the global ocean carbon sink strengthening after a receding in the 1990s .
2. The distribution of biogenic elements in typical seamount of the Western Pacific Ocean is clarified, and the chemical evidence of the existence of Taylor column in seamounts was found.
3. The separation and identification method of allelochemicals released by jellyfish in seawater were established, and the controlling factors of allelochemicals released by jellyfish were explained.
4. The inorganic carbon in sediments were divided into different forms in the first time, and found that inorganic carbon of HCl form may be one of the final resting places of atmospheric CO2.
5. It was found that the silicate accumulation in sediment is the key reason of silicate limiting to phytoplankton growth in the Jiaozhou Bay.
Honors and Awards:
1. The assessment of marine ecological damage and its repair technology for the oil spill accident in Bohai, 2014, The second class prize of Marine Science and Technology Award.
2. Study on the Budgets and the evolution process of important biogenic elements in the South Yellow Sea, 2010, The second class prize of Innovation Achievements Award of State Oceanic Administration.
3. Study on the key biogeochemical process of China sea, 2006, the third class prize of the Shandong natural science award.
4. Study on inorganic carbon in offshore environments, 2005, outstanding doctoral dissertations of Shandong Province
1. Dongfan Tian, Yueqi Wang, Jianwei Xing, Qiqi Sun, Jinming Song, Xuegang Li*, 2020. Nitrogen loss process in hypoxic seawaters based on the culture experiment. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 152: 1-9.
2. Ma Jun, Song Jinming*, Li Xuegang*, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, Duan Liqin, Wang Qidong, 2020. Control factors of DIC in the Y3 seamount waters of the Western Pacific Ocean. Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 38(4): 1215-1224.
3. Tian Dongfan, Li Xuegang*, Song Jinming, Li Ning, 2019. Process and mechanism of nitrogen loss in the ocean oxygen minimum zone. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 30(3): 1047-1056.
4. Zhang Qian, Song Jinming, Li Xuegang, Peng Quancai, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, Duan Liqin, Ma Jun. 2019. Concentrations and distribution of phthalate esters in the seamount area of the Tropical Western Pacific Ocean. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 140: 107-115
5. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, Duan Liqin, Wang Qidong, 2017. The oxygen minimum zones (OMZs) and its eco-environmental effects in ocean. Marine Sciences, 41: 127-138.
6. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, Duan Liqin, Qu Baoxiao, 2015. CO2 flux and seasonal variability in the turbidity maximum zone of the Changjiang River estuary. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 33(1): 222-232.
7. Li Xuegang, Ma Qingxia, Li Ning, Yuan Huamao, Duan Liqin, Qu Baoxiao, Song Jinming, 2015. Experiments and Evidences: Jellyfish (Nemopilema nomurai) decomposing and nutrients (nitrogen and phosphorus) released. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, .
8. Li Xuegang, Li Ning, Ma qingxia, Yuan Huamao, Duan Liqin, Song Jinming, 2012. Simulation study on nitrogen and phosphorus release from Stomolophus meleagris decomposition. Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, 43(3)：507-512.
9. Li Xuegang, Yuan Huamao, Xu Sisi, Duan Liqin, Li Ning, Zhang Mo, Song Jinming, 2011. Accumulation/dispersion of heavy metals in the saline soil of the Jianzhou Bay northeastern coastal wetland. Marine Sciences, 35 (7): 88-95.
10. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, 2011. Determination of Ammonia-Nitrogen in Marine Sediments by Hypo-bromate Oxidation with Hydrochloric Acid Extraction. Rock and Mineral Analysis, 30(5): 550-554.
11. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, 2009. Forms and functions of inorganic carbon in Jiaozhou Bay sediments. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 28(6): 30-41.
12. Xuegang Li, Huamao Yuan, Ning Li, Jinming Song, 2008. Organic carbon source and burial during the past one hundred years in Jiaozhou Bay, North China. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 20(5):551-557.
13. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Niu Lifeng, Yuan Huamao, Gao Xuelu, Li Ning, 2007. Role of the Jiaozhou Bay as a source/sink of CO2 over a seasonal cycle. Scientia Marinna, 71(3): 441-450.
14. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Li Ning, Yuan Huamao, Gao Xuelu, 2007. Biogeochemical Characteristics of Nitrogen and Phosphorus in Jiaozhou Bay Sediments. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 25(2): 157-165.
15. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, 2006. Inorganic carbon of sediments in the Yangtze River Estuary and Jiaozhou Bay. Biogeochemistry, 77: 177-197.
16. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Dai Jicui, Yuanhuamao, Li Fengye, Sun Song, 2006. Biogenic Silicate accumulation in Jiaozhou Bay Sediments. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 24(3): 270-277.
17. Li Xuegang，Song Jingming, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, 2004. Dissolved Inorganic Carbon and CO2 Fluxes in Jiaozhou Bay，Acta Oceanologica Sinica，23(2):279-285.
18. Li Xuegang, Li Ning, Song Jinming, 2004. Determination for the Different Combined-form Inorganic Carbon in Marine Sediments. Chinese Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 32 (4): 425-429.
19. Li Xuegang, Song Jingming, Niu Lifeng, Yuan Huamao, Li Ning, Dai Jicui, 2004. Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorus in Sediments and Its Application in Jiaozhou Bay. Rock and Mineral Analysis, 26(2): 87-92.
20. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Li Ning, Yuan Huamao, Gao Xuelu, 2005. Source and Biogeochemical Characteristics of Nitrogen and Phosphorus in Jiaozhou Bay Sediments. Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, 36(6): 562-571.
21. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Yuanhuamao, Li Fengye, Sun Song, 2005. High contents of biogenic fsilicate in Jiaozhou Bay sediments ——The proof of Si-limiting factor to phytoplankton primary production? Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, 36(6): 572-579.
22. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, Lü Xiaoxia, Yuan Huamao, Zhan Tianrong, Li Ning, 2004. The Expression of Redox Environments in Sediments Outside of the Yellow River Estuary. Marine Science Bulletin, 23(4): 25-31.
23. Li Xuegang, Song Jinming, 2004. Sources, Removal and Transformation of carbon in Marine Sediments. Studia Marina Sinica, 46: 106-117.
24. Li Xuegang, Lü Xiaoxia, Sun Yunming, Li Ning, Yuan Huamao, Zhan Tianrong, Song Jingming, 2003. Active iron and redox environments in the Bohai Sea sediments. Marine Environmental Science, 22(1): 20-24.