Name： Yang Hong Sheng（Hong Sheng Yang）
Research Field: Mariculture Ecology
Tel/Fax: +86-532-82898610 / +86-532-82898612
1996 –1999, Post-doc , Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1999 –2003, Professor, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2003.2 –2003.8, Senior Visiting Scholar, SARDI, Australia
2003–2011, Professor, Assistant Director,Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2011–present, Professor, Deputy Director, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ph.D., Aquaculture, July, 1996，Ocean University of China，China
M. Sc., Hydrobiology, July, 1989，Huazhong Agricultural University，China
B. Sc., Aquaculture, July, 1986，Huazhong Agricultural University，China
Associate Editor, 《Studia Marina Sinica》
Editorial Board, 《Korean Journal of Malacology》
Editorial Board, 《Journal of Ocean University of China (English Edition)》
Editorial Board, 《Journal of Ecological Science》
Editorial Board, 《Marine Fisheries Research》
Editorial Board, 《Resources Science》
Editorial Board, 《Marine Sciences》
Board of Directors, China Zoological Society
Board of Directors, China Society of Natural Resources
Board of Directors, Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology
Board of Directors, Echinoderm Association, Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology
Board of Directors, Shellfish Association, Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology
Board of Directors, Qingdao Society of Fisheries
-Biology and Ecology of sea cucumber
-Facilities and Techniques for the culture and stock enhancement of sea cucumber
-Artifical reef evaluation and resource restoration techniques
Honors and Awards:
1. The first prize of 2014 year Shandong province science and technology progress award: Ecological environment restoration, important biological resource conservation technology innovation and application of Shandong peninsula typical bay. Hongsheng Yang, Xiumei Zhang, Hongjun Liu, Zhenbo Lv, Tao Zhang, Tianxiang Gao, Yi Zhou, Xiaodong Zheng, Peidong Zhang, Xinmin Pu, Mengxia Liu, Fan Li.
2. The second prize of 2014 year Science and technology for development award (Outstanding achievement award) of Chinese Academy of Sciences: High efficiency ecological aquaculture facilities, technology innovation and application for Sea cucumber culture. Hongsheng Yang, Tao Zhang, Yi Zhou, Qiang Xu, Libin Zhang, Shilin Liu, Lina Sun, Jingchun Sun, Chenggang Lin.
3. The first prize of 2011 year Shandong province invention award：Facilities for habitat restoration and ecological aquaculture in typical bay. Hongsheng Yang, Qiang Xu, Libin Zhang, Yi Zhou, Ying Liu, Tao Zhang.
4. The first prize of 2011 year Qingdao cience and technology advance award : Techniques of high quality seeds breeding and healthy aquaculture for sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus. Hongsheng Yang, Chenglin Li, Bing Han, Qiang Xu, Shilin Liu, Wei Hu, Libin Zhang, Jiong Zheng, Tao Zhang, Bin Zhao, Zhihai Cao, Mingzhu Zhang, Aihuan Song, Zhihong Wu, Jing Li.
1. Zhang L., Gao Y., Zhang T., Yang H*, Xu Q., Sun L., Yu Z. ,2014. A new system for bottom co-culture of the scallop, Patinopecten yessoensis, with the sea cucumber, Apostichopus japonicus and the sea urchin, Anthocidaris crassispina in shallow water in China. Aquaculture International, 22: 1403-1415
2. Xu, D., Sun, L., Liu, S., Zhang, L., Yang, H.*, 2014. Polymorphisms of heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) in the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus and their association with heat-resistance. Fish and Shell Fish Immunology, 41: 428-436
3. Zhao, Y., Yang, H*., Storey, K B., Chen, M*. 2014. RNA-Seq dependent transcriptional analysis unveils gene expression profile in the intestine of sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus during aestivation. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part D, 10, 30-43.
4. Zhao, Y., Yang, H*., Storey, K B., Chen, M*. 2014. Differential gene expression in the respiratory tree of the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus during aestivation. Marine Genomics 18, 173-183.
5. Zhao, Y., Chen, M*., Wang, T., Sun, L., Xu, D., Yang, H*. 2014. Selection of reference genes for qRT-PCR analysis of gene expression in sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus during aestivation. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, 1-9.
6. Zhao, Y., Chen, M*., Sun, L., Yang, H*. 2014. DNA methylation profile analysis of sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus based on fluorescence-labeled methylation-sensitive ampli？ed polymorphism (F-MSAP) during aestivation. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 181, 26-32.
7. Xu, D., Sun, L., Zhang, L., Ru, X., Zhao, Y., Yang, H*. 2014. Molecular cloning of heat shock protein 10 (Hsp10) and 60 (Hsp60) cDNAs and their expression analysis under thermal stress in the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B, 171, 49-57.
8. Ma D., Yang H.*, Sun L., Chen M.. 2014. Transcription profiling using RNA-Seq demonstrates expression differences in the body walls of juvenile albino and normal sea cucumbers Apostichopus japonicus. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology/32(1): 34-46 9. Ma D, Yang H*, Sun L, Xu D.2014. Comparative analysis of transcriptomes from albino and control sea cucumbers, Apostichopus japonicus. Acta Oceanologica Sinica . 33(8):55-61.
10. Xu Q., Gao F., Xu Q., Yang H.*.2014. Analysis of fatty acid composition of sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus using multivariate statistics. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. 32（6）：1314-1319
11. Sun, L., Yang, H., Chen, M., Ma D., Lin C. 2013. RNA-Seq reveals dynamic changes of gene expression in key stages of intestine regeneration in the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus. Plos one: 8, e69441.
12. Qiu T., Zhang L., Zhang T., Yang H. .2013. Effects of mud substrate and water current on the behavioral characteristics and growth of the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus in the Yuehu lagoon of northern China. Aquaculture International. 05.04.
13. Zhao Y., Chen M., Su L., Wang T., Liu S. and Yang H. 2013. Molecular cloning and expression-profile analysis of sea cucumber DNA (Cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 1 and methyl-CpG binding domain type 2/3 genes during aestivation. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. B, Biochem. Mol. Biol.165, 26-35.
14. Lin C., Zhang L., Liu S., Gao S., Xu Q., Yang H.. 2013. A comparison of the effects of light intensity on movement and growth of albino and normal sea cucumbers (Apostichopus japonicus Selenka). Marine and Freshwater Behaviour and Physiology, 1-16.
15. Xu Q., Zhang L., Zhang T., Zhou Y., Xia S., Liu H., Yang H*.. 2013. Effects of an artificial oyster shell reef on macrobenthic communities in Rongcheng Bay, East China. Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology. DOI: 10.1007/s00343-013-2308-7.
16. Xue D., Zhang T., Liu J. 2013. Development and characterization of 24 polymorphic microsatellite loci in Rapana venosa Valenciennes, 1846. Conservation Genetics Resources, DOI: 10.1007/s12686-013-0024-4
17. Xia S., Yang H., Li Y., Liu S., Xu Q. , Mayalagu R..2013. Effects of food processing method on digestibility and energy budget of Apostichopus japonicas, Aquaculture,128–133.
18. Yu Z., Hu C., Zhou Y., Li H., Peng P..2013. Survival and growth of the sea cucumber Holothuria leucospilota Brandt: A comparison between suspended and bottom cultures in a subtropical fish farm during summer. Aquaculture Research. 44(1): 114–124.
19. Yuan X., Yang H., Meng L., Wang L., Li Y.. 2013. Impacts of temperature on the scavenging efficiency by the deposit-feeding olothurian Apostichopus japonicuson a simulated organic pollutant in the bivalve–macroalage polyculture from the perspective of nutrient budgets. Aquaculture , 97–104.
1. Hongsheng Yang, Libin Zhang, Ying Liu et al. A new kind of facility for bottom culture in semi-sandy area in shallow water. Patent number: ZL200710162550.3.
2. Hongsheng Yang, Libin Zhang, Ying Liu et al. A new kind of multi-layer, box-type artificial reef for culture of precious sea food in semi-sandy deep area of shallow sea water . Patent number: ZL200810138847.0.
3. Hongsheng Yang, Libin Zhang et al. A new kind of artificial reef made of oyster shells for culture and stock enhancement of sea cumber and its usage. Patent number: 200910017420.X.
4. Hongsheng Yang, Libin Zhang et al. A new device of making atificial oyster shell reef and its usage. Patent number: 201010113501.2.
1. Apostichopus japonicus Biology: Theory and Practice. Edited by Hongsheng Yang, Yi Zhou, Tao Zhang. Science Press. 2014.
2. The Sea Cucumber Apostichopus japonicus: History, Biology and Aquaculture. Edited by Hongsheng Yang, Jean-Fran？ois Hamel, Annie Mercier. Academic Press. 2014.( editorial board member)
3. The Research on Technological Innovation Strategy of Modern Marine Agriculture. Edited by Jingdun Jia, Danping Jiang, Hongsheng Yang, Zhaobo Chen. Chinese agricultural science and technology press. 2014. (editorial board member)
4. The Resources and environment in Jiaozhou Bay. Edited by Hongsheng Yang. China Ocean Press.2012
Address: 7 Nanhai Road, Qingdao, Shandong 266071, China
Tel: 86-532-82898902 Fax: 86-532-82898612 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org